WHO - World Health Organization
WHO in Quetta
Finance Assistant in Quetta, Balochistan
( 2300678 )
Grade : G6
Contractual Arrangement : Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days) : 1 year (Subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Job Posting: Jan 23, 2023, 9:58:09 AM
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established toimplement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with MemberState’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Maintain an overview on budgetary, funding, and related financial issues, closely monitoring deadlines, obligations, gaps etc. and closely work with country finance team. Draw supervisors’ attention to specific/unusual discrepancies or problems, recommend necessary corrective actions Initiate, consolidate and prepare periodic reports on the budgetary situation, implementation rates and special financial reports; prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required. Initiate correspondence and answer queries related to area of work.Monitor timely transfer of program funds andaward budgeting GSM workplans. Monitordistribution and amendments of awards, follow up on cash receipts andunapplied receivable balances, monitor revisions of amounts vis-a-vis awarddistribution by Output and budget center, check validity of awards, reportingdeadlines and linkage of awards to projects and initiate action for expenditurebatches. Administer the E-Imprest system, scrutinize and select data from variety of sources, ensure accuracy in calculations and attachment of necessary supporting receipts of payments and authorizations. Process and monitor of eImprest General Ledger and all eImprest transactions to ensure accuracy of financial data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance of proper accounting records in compliance with financial procedures and WHO rules. Follow up on activity and operational budget plans through GSM to ensure timely obligation of funds for the implementation of procurement services Imprest purchase orders, Direct Financial Cooperation (DFC’s), Direct Implementation (DIs), General External Services (GES), Non-Grant Letter of Agreement (NGLOA) etc. Advise and brief all staff and non-staff on financial rules and procedures pertaining to allowances, salary advances, travel claims, submission of monthly operational expenses and other financial matters. Coordinate and closely working with other Finance Assistants. Prepare payment instructions for frontline workers for the bank and monitor process up-to the payment to final beneficiaries. Liaise with the officials of local banks to review progress on release of payment to other service providers and campaign workers.Reconcile EIMPREST cashbooks and justify any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts and toreconcile with the cashbook monthly. Comparecash books with bank statements to compute gain and loss in exchange rate onmonthly basis and liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-dayinformation on exchange rates, changes in procedures and regulations andmatters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
Essential: Completion of secondary education; training and /or technical courses in business administration/commerce or accounting.
Desirable: University degree in accounting, commerce or business administration is an asset.
Essential: At least eight years of related experience in accounting and/or administrative work.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system
Very good time management and organizational skills. Demonstrated knowledge of banking regulations and local laws. Very good analytical skills. Knowledge of the organization’s policies and regulations ingeneral, and in particular, regarding project activities and financialprocedures is an asset.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at PKR 2,746,310 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: (link) Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: (link)
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.