WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world
achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Holder of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Social sciences or related field;
- Have attended courses in the last 12 months.;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English and local language (Hausa/Kanuri)
- Customer oriented approach with fast response time to queries from clients and good communication skills.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations or Humanitarian Sector; Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Knowledge of data analytics and tools will be of added advantage.
The purpose of this female internship programme is to build WFP employer brand as an employer of choice among university students, bolster female staff representation and build the national talent pipeline for WFP’s future requirements. The programme is also expected to promote a better understanding of the United Nations among the participants through experience in the World Food Programme and Improve youth employability though providing an opportunity for work experience to female fresh graduates, and university students.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support guest check in and check out with requisite documentation to and from WFP guest house.
- Assist in disseminating guest house rules and regulations are communicated to incoming guest for strict adherence.
- Assist in ensuring housekeeping are carried out promptly with proper adherence to Covid 19 protocol.
- Timely communication and follow up of any maintenance requirement of the Guest house.
- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes, respond to standard queries, and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Monitor and maintain records of emergency food stock in the safe room.
- Support in all third-party vendor activities within the guest house to ensure proper standards are followed and high service delivery is maintained.
- Communicate complaints from guests to the Admin officer for prompt attention.
- Assist in handling of guest booking system.
- Perform other duties as required by Administration Officer.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Must be a Female.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$942, paid in local currency according to the prevailing United Nations exchange rate.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas, and costs related.
- Duration: 8 months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submission of applications is 11th September, 2021.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- Office WFP Damaturu, Nigeria