IFC - International Finance Corporation
E T Consultant – UX Architecture, Design
Job #: req19167
Sector: Information Technology
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 10/10/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit (link)
The mission of the Corporate Information Technologies Department (CIT) is to use technology to enable IFC’s strategic priorities and to support business and operations. By acting as the technology partner and business enabler, the department provides state-of-art IT solutions to support IFC’s operations.
CIT is looking for a deeply experienced user experience professional who will perform the full range of responsibilities associated with user centered design methodology for software development. The person should manage multiple user experience initiatives, wearing a strategic hat and ensuring the big picture and the ultimate user journey is never lost. The candidate must be able to explain usability principles and techniques to both technical team members and business sponsors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help lead the user experience thought process to ensure connected and unified experience across internal products, especially the operation systems.
- Act as a center of excellence for the UX delivered under each project.
- Facilitate user engagement sessions. Guide and take responsibility for the quality of UX/UI deliverables from project/vendor teams to ensure consistent visual and interaction patterns across different projects.
- Provide UX guidance to the enterprise initiatives and enhancements. Being responsible for adherence to standards, for the timely and quality delivery of artifacts.
- Interact directly with business sponsors and subject matter experts to understand business requirements and constraints.
- Actively facilitate user modeling and task analysis, and develop personas, scenarios and user journey maps.
- Facilitate user research sessions and communicate findings of user research.
- Create or advise on content architecture and navigation design.
- Understand complex user requirements and technical constraints and translate them into simple user interface.
- Make recommendations to solve complex interaction problems and improve overall user experience with an application and across different applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, visual communication or similar field with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience or master’s degree with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Usability Analyst certification desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of usability engineering and information architecture.
- In-depth knowledge of interaction design including experience with Prototyping tools.
- High level of visual design expertise.
- Broad level of understanding of information systems and application development methodologies.
- Understanding of the trade-offs between optimum user experience and technical, information security, and business constraints, and ability to propose appropriate compromises.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.