Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : 2202095
Job Posting: 26/Jul/2022
Closure Date: 10/Aug/2022, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : OED
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : Consultant / PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Italy-Rome
Duration : 11 months
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture.
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Office of Evaluation (OED) anchors the evaluation function in the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations. Evaluation provides accountability on results, in particular on outcomes of FAO’s work to member countries and to the Director-General. It also contributes to corporate learning, providing lessons into a robust feedback loop.
In the last quarter of 2022, two country programme evaluations will be launched in Namibia and Rwanda. The main purpose of country programme evaluations is to provide evaluation evidence and learnings on FAO’s work in a given country to make future programmes more impactful and relevant to the priorities and needs of the country. The Office of Evaluation is currently seeking an evaluation analyst to support the planned country programme evaluations.
The evaluation analyst will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Evaluation Officer leading the OED Africa team, and under the day-to-day supervision of respective Evaluation Managers.
Area of specialisation
The Evaluation Analyst should have demonstrated experience in monitoring, research support, and/or evaluation; preferably in the food security and agriculture sector.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Review relevant background documentation to identify main stakeholders, key milestones/events, development and humanitarian trends, funding modalities and synthesize data to contribute to the stakeholders’ mapping, context and portfolio analysis;
- Conduct specific research or data collection; including literature review, meta-analysis of existing studies, extracting and analysing project or financial data and prepare briefs for thematic areas prioritised for evaluations;
- Support the preparatory process of evaluations; this will include liaison with stakeholders on the overall schedule, preparation of briefing materials, organization of stakeholder groups;
- Contribute to data collection activities; such as participating in field missions and coordinating data collection activities of evaluation team members, in consultation with evaluation managers;
- Contribute to data analysis processes and drafting of reports; this will include drafting specific sections of reports and preparing auxiliary information to be appended to evaluation reports; and
- Provide administrative support as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in a relevant discipline: evaluation, agricultural science, environmental science, natural resource management, food and nutrition security, economics, development studies, etc.
- At least one year of relevant experience in supporting evaluations or respective field of specialization;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian or Arabic). For PSA.SBS working knowledge of English is sufficient.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Previous experience in supporting strategic-level or country programme evaluations
- Demonstrated experience of working in Africa or of conducting evaluations in Africa
- Familiarity of the African context would be an asset.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
- FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at (link)
- For more information, visit the FAO employment website
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT