UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
UNFPA in Chisinau, Moldova
Job Identification : 4535
Locations : Chisinau, Moldova
Posting Date : 06/30/2022, 10:03 AM
Apply Before : 07/07/2022, 10:03 AM
Degree Level : Advanced/Postgraduate Degree
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : P4
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Rotational/Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education and Work Experience : Master’s Degree – 7 year(s) experience
Experience in SRHR and/or GBV; Prior UN system experience, particularly in the humanitarian area.
Required Languages : Fluency in English is required
Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Romanian, Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian
Vacancy Timeline : 1 Week
Job Category : Humanitarian & Emergency Response
Major Activities/Expected Results:
- Assessment and Planning:
- Responsible for assessment and planning processes, including engagement in Rapid Assessments/MIRA, Flash Appeal/Humanitarian Response Plan Revision, UNFPA’s Refugee or Humanitarian Response Plan, Supply Strategy, Integrated M&E Plan, setting up Humanitarian Monitoring systems etc.;
- Undertake missions and assessments as appropriate to recommend strategic approaches and to address issues related to sexual and reproductive health and rights, HIV/AIDS, GBV response including clinical management of rape, mental health and psychosocial support to GBV survivors, data, disability, older people and young people.
- Emergency Response:
- Coordinate the effective implementation of the UNFPA Standards Operating Procedures for humanitarian settings throughout the emergency and orient staff on the scale up modality ensuring compliance with the SOP’s and understanding of responsibilities;
- Oversee and coordinate the Country Office programme support unit, by ensuring adequate technical support to humanitarian responses, which include planning, budgeting, monitoring of projects implementation and timely reporting;
- Ensure active UNFPA participation in technical committee and coordination meetings (including Government, NGO and UN agencies);
- Participate in humanitarian inter-agency meetings as directed by the Representative, ensure follow-up action and prepare related summary reports;
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant colleagues at the Regional/ Sub Regional Office and headquarters to ensure coherent and a corporate approach to humanitarian assistance in the region.
- Resource Mobilization and Advocacy:
- Communication / Reporting:
- Effective Management:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree/ advanced university degree in Humanitarian Assistance, Public Health, Social Sciences, Demography, Gender and/or other related fields.
- 7 years of progressively responsible professional work of which a minimum of 4 years of managerial experience in humanitarian and relief operations, part of which should be at the international level;
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial qualities in organizing work harmoniously within a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Knowledge and understanding of UN humanitarian relief operations and procedures is essential;
- Experience in sexual and reproductive health and rights and/or gender-based violence is a strong asset;
- Prior UN system experience, particularly in the humanitarian area, is an asset;
- Personal qualities must include maturity, self-confidence, outstanding communication skills, initiative, strong conceptual abilities, sound judgment and organization skills (including time management). Strong interest in development work especially in the mission of the United Nations Population Fund and dedication to the UN principles.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Romanian, Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
Exemplifying integrity; Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system; Embracing cultural diversity; Embracing change.
Achieving results; Being accountable; Developing and applying professional expertise; Thinking analytically and strategically; Working in teams /managing ourselves and our relationships; Communicating for impact.
Providing strategic vision and focus; Engaging internal/external partners and stakeholders; Leading, developing and empowering people / Creating a culture of performance; Making decisions and exercising judgment.
Business acumen; Implementing management systems; Innovation and marketing of new approaches; Client orientation; Organizational awareness.