UNICEF in Doha
Education Manager, P4 , FT, Doha- Qatar #122677- 558758
Job no: 558758
Position type: Fixed Term Appointment
Location: Jordan Division/Equivalent: Amman(MENA)
School/Unit: Saudi Arabia
Department/Office: Qatar, Gulf Area
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Education
How can you make a difference?
Under the overall guidance and direction of the Senior Programme Manager in Qatar, the Education Manager supports in managing the section, playing a key role in bringing innovation to the development and preparation of education programmes. The Education Manager provides authoritative technical guidance and operational support throughout all stages of programming to facilitate the management and delivery of results on strengthening national education systems to improve learning outcomes and to promote universal access to quality, equitable and inclusive primary/early childhood education, especially for children who are marginalized, disadvantaged and excluded in society. The Education Manager contributes to the achievement of concrete and sustainable results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), as well as UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Management and advisory support to the Senior Programme Manager
- Education programme development and planning
- Education programme management, monitoring, and quality control of results
- Advisory services and education technical support
- Advocacy, networking, and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management, and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child, you will have
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, economics, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Familiarity/ background with emergency is considered an asset
- Proven experience in education and partnership at country, regional and global levels, will be an asset
- Evidence experience in advocacy, strategic writing and Comms skills are also an asset.
Education Manager Level 4.doc
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: (link)
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically and
- Works collaboratively with others.
- Nurtures, leads and manages people – for supervisory role
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here UNICEF’s_Competency_Framework.pdf .
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for personnel with disabilities.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to delivering the best results for children.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process. UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Advertised: Jan 19 2023 Jordan Standard Time Application close: Feb 05 2023 Jordan Standard Time
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to WhatsApp WhatsApp Share to LinkedIn LinkedIn Share to Email App Email App Share to Copy Link Copy Link
Back to list
Send me jobs like these
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
Oops! Please check your email for errors!
Closes Feb 05 2023
Education Manager, P4 , FT, Doha- Qatar #122677- 558758 in Jordan
Under the overall guidance and direction of the Chief, Education, the Education Manager supports the Chief in managing the section, playing a key role in bringing innovation to the development and preparation of education programmes. The Education Manager provides authoritative technical guidance and operational support throughout all stages of programming to facilitate the management and delivery of results on strengthening national education systems to improve learning outcomes and to promote universal access to quality, equitable and inclusive primary/early childhood education, especially for children who are marginalized, disadvantaged and excluded in society.
Powered by PageUp