ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Dnipro
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the positions of Economic Security Generalist 2 in its sub-delegation in Dnipro.
Economic Security Generalist 2 plans, implements and monitors the ICRC’s economic security (EcoSec) programme in line with the country strategy and under the supervision and guidance of their hierarchical superior.
Functional general responsibilities:
Support to the EcoSec Activities
- Contributes to identifying response options based on an analysis of EcoSec core components (food consumption/production, living conditions, income support and capacity-building);
- Makes regular progress reports (written or oral, upon request) to the EcoSec Delegate and/or Team Leader, about the implementation progress of EcoSec activities;
- Channels all relevant information about economic, social and security related issues in the area Responsibility (AoR). Consequently, reports to the EcoSec Delegate and/or Team Leader;
- Understands specificities of the local context and supports the EcoSec Delegate during the meetings with different stakeholders, when needed;
- Maintains the network with the URCS and receives from them regular update for the joint ICRC / URCS projects;
- Maintains the network with local authorities and other humanitarian organisations active in the area;
- Facilitates the exchange of information between EcoSec and other departments on EcoSec issues pertaining to the area of competency.
- Actively participate in planning of EcoSec response in DNI
- Participates actively in the elaboration of the weekly planning of EcoSec activities;
- Contributes to the regular planning of the EcoSec activities (planning the FT in the AoR, arranging the meetings with the different interlocutors, etc.);
- Participates in the setup, implementation and monitoring of the programs implemented by the EcoSec;
- Under the supervision of EcoSec Delegate and/or Team Leader, makes the plan of action for the implementation of EcoSec programmes and is requested to actively be involved in the process of distribution;
- Under the supervision of EcoSec Delegate and/or Team Leader, performs required assessments (e.g. needs assessment, vulnerability assessment, etc.) and reports on findings.
- Contributes to understand the general situation and humanitarian issues around project locations;
- Performs field assessment and monitoring visits in the AoR independently or together with EcoSec Delegate and/or Team Leader;
- Responsible for planning, implementation and monitoring of of EcoSec projects;
- Organises distribution points (sets up distribution points, contacting the NS prior to distributions and explains procedures etc.);
- Supervises URCS volunteers during the distribution;
- Performs post-distribution visits and monitoring;
- Collects any relevant information (during field visits) for EcoSec, as well as for other departments (Prot, WatHab, Health, etc.) and transmits to EcoSec Delegate and / or DHOSD;
- Knows the ICRC vulnerability criteria and working methodologies and applies them in given circumstances.
- Maintains accurate record of beneficiaries visited and assisted, and provides exact weekly statistics to EcoSec Delegate and/or Team Leader;
- Supports / accompanies EcoSec Delegate and/or Team Leader in different meetings with the INGOs / NGOs, local authorities (upon the request) and contributes to the reporting on field trips or meetings;
- Supports delegate in charge to provide input for Monthly Statistical Report (MSR) and EcoSec Programme Management Tool (EPMT), upon the request;
- Provides input for Situation Report / Weekly Operational Report (WOR) to DHoSD in the absence of Ecosec Delegate and/or Team Leader;
- Files all necessary EcoSec related documents (distribution lists, copies of volunteer payment sheets, etc.) properly and duly.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma, technical education or professional or university degree in a related field.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English; knowledge of the local language(s).
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar field.
- Experience working for a NGO or international organization an asset.
- Good computer knowledge
- Advanced level of MS Excel
- Good data analysis skills
- Experience with mobile data collection tools
- Capacity to adhere to and to implement procedures
- Good communication and negotiation skills
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 28 calendar days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply:
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 12/12/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)