ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Donetsk
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Please visit (link) for more information. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Donetsk, Luhansk, Dniepro, Poltava, Sloviansk, Odesa and Vynnytsiya.
The ICRC Delegation in Donetsk seeks to fill the following position:
Economic Security Generalist 2 Based in Donetsk
AIM OF THE POSITION
Economic Security Generalist 2 plans, implements, and monitors the ICRC’s economic security (EcoSec) program in line with the DON EcoSec strategy and under the supervision and guidance of their hierarchical superior. S/he should analyze the economic security situation; conducts need and market assessments and plans EcoSec interventions in consultation with EcoSec Delegate and DON EcoSec team. S/he design/implements the activities according to department objectives, Plan for Results (PfR), operational plan, agreed budget frame and plan of action (PoA), and reports on the progress of the program as required.
- Contributes to identifying response options based on analysis of Economic security core components (food consumption/production, living conditions, income support and capacity-building), implementation and follow-up of Economic Security departments’ projects.
- Designs or adjusts data-collection tools, collects data using data-collection tools /devices / methods that are in line with the household economy approach, enters data into and maintains the survey database and the EcoSec Programme Management Tool (EPMT).
- Performs mid-level qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Describes results and produces data visualizations.
- Collects and analyses market price data.
- Collects nutrition information at the household level; uses their basic understanding of malnutrition to identify vulnerabilities and nutritional shortcomings.
- Analyses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis) to identify possible response options.
- Contributes to designing a good method for registering beneficiaries.
- Contributes to developing methods, plans, implementation, logistics and reporting for aid distribution.
- Carries out on-site aid distributions.
- Contributes to designing and implementing voucher, fair, food/cash-for-work, cash transfer and microeconomic initiative programs.
- Contributes to analyzing the security, socioeconomic, cultural and political environment as it relates to the ICRC.
- Contributes to internal reporting.
- Translates documents for internal use and interprets upon request.
- Provides administrative support.
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
Education and professional qualifications
- High school diploma, technical education or professional or university degree in a related field
- Good command (spoken and written) of English.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar field of activity.
- Good computer knowledge
- Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid field.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and take initiative.
- Ability to work under minor supervision.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Reliability and proactivity is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service attitude;
- Strong sense of autonomy and responsibility;
- Good team player.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment, and also:
- Initial training and on-boarding organized
- Opportunity to work and grow in an international working environment in humanitarian sector
- Good working condition and competitive salary with benefits
Starting date: ASAP
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter.
Deadline for applications: 11-09-2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interview. No queries by phone please.