ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Dnipro
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Economic Security Field Officer in its sub-delegation in Dnipro.
Economic Security Field Officer plans, implements and monitors the ICRC’s economic security (EcoSec) programs in line with the country strategy and under the supervision and guidance of their hierarchical superior.
Functional general responsibilities:
Working under the supervision and with support from an Economic Security Delegate, has most of the following responsibilities.
- Designs or adjusts data-collection tools.
- Collects data using data-collection tools and devices.
- â€¢ Enters data into and maintains the survey database and the EcoSec Program Management Tool (EPMT).
- Performs mid-level qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Describes results and produces data visualizations.
- Collects data using methods that are in line with the household economy approach.
- Collects and analyses market price data.
- Collects nutrition information at the household level; uses their basic understanding of malnutrition to identify vulnerabilities and nutritional shortcomings.
- Analyses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis) to identify possible response options.
- Contributes to identifying response options based on an analysis of EcoSec core components (food consumption/production, living conditions, income support and capacity-building).
- Contributes to designing a good method for registering beneficiaries.
- Contributes to developing methods, plans, implementation, logistics and reporting for aid distribution.
- Carries out on-site aid distributions.
- Contributes to designing and implementing voucher, fair, food/cash-for-work, cash transfer and microeconomic initiative programs.
- Contributes to analyzing the security, socioeconomic, cultural and political environment as it relates to the ICRC.
- Contributes to internal reporting.
- Translates documents for internal use and interprets upon request.
- May contribute to providing supervision, guidance, support for EcoSec staff at the B1 levels.
- Provides administrative support.
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma, technical education, or professional or university degree in a related field.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar field of activity.
- Experience working for an NGO or international organization is an asset.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English, Ukrainian, and Russian
- Computer proficiency.
- Good data analysis skills
- Experience with mobile data collection tools
- Capacity to adhere to and implement procedures
- Readiness to spend 50-75% of the time in the field
- Proficiency in Relief, Food security, Livelihood & Result-based management cycle
- Skilled in the following competencies: Leadership, Accountability, People management, Teamwork & Collaboration, Representing the ICRC, Beneficiary & Client focused.
Social package and other benefits
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 28 calendar days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 17/10/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)