Islamic Development Bank (IsDB)
IDB2959 – Director Human Resources (ICD)
Business Unit: ICD – Islamic Corporation for Development
Division: Not Applicable
Department: Human Resource Department – ICD
Contract type: Regular Staff
Country: Saudi Arabia
Location: Saudi Arabia – Jeddah
Closing date: 20-Feb-2023
This role is responsible for leading the Human Resources Department to take part in the formulation of the ICD strategy and to formulate and drive the People’s strategy in line with the vision and mission of the organization. Act as strategic advisor to the ICD management on people matters to enable organizational performance, enhance people experience, and facilitate cultural transformation.
Key Functional Accountabilities and Activities:
People Strategy and Planning:
- Lead the development of world class People Strategy to drive performance, enhance culture to support organizational objectives of ICD.
- Lead enhancement in HR policies, systems and processes in line with the people strategy and departmental business plan.
- Develop People Development framework to provide the organization with the capabilities and competencies to achieve the strategy and objectives.
- Create and nurture a high performance, achievements and continuous learning culture through planned interventions.
- Ensure the provision of Leadership Development programs that ensure unified leadership profile and cultural effectiveness in the organization.
- Build people capabilities and competencies through coaching and mentoring programs.
- Put in place efficient succession management program to ensure the continuity of leadership and internal talent development.
- Collaborate with the Management to understand the strategic priorities and vision of the organization to plan initiatives and projects that support the organization.
- Direct the HR Department to enhance people experience’s during various stages of employee life cycle.
- Advise the Management on Total Rewards Strategy to enhance talent attraction and satisfaction.
- Implement rewards and recognition programs linked to performance that result in staff motivation, engagement and enhanced productivity.
- Design and implement an employee engagement methodology that caters for timely and transparent feedback, while enabling management to take timely actions accordingly.
- Participate in the development of corporate cultural values in line with mission, vision and strategy of the organization.
- Collaborate with the Management and ICD staff members to lead cultural change initiatives.
- Nurture culture of continuous change, learning, and communication in the organization.
- Establish corporate cultural identity that shall promote ICD as a preferred employer of choice.
Qualifications/ Professional Experience:
- At least 13 years of experience in Strategic Human Resources Management functions, preferably in Banking/Financial Institutions with at least 7 years of experience in a managerial position.
- Master’s degree in business administration, Organizational Development, Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology or related field.
- A professional certificate in HR, Leadership Development, Coaching and Mentoring is a plus.
- Innovation and Initiatives
- Change Management
- Developing People Capability
- Partnership Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Self Effectiveness
- HR Strategy formulation, articulation, and planning
- HR Framework and Policy design and implementation
- Leadership Development
- Change Management
- Culture Change
- Creating Employee Experience
- Coaching and Mentorship
- High potential management and succession planning
- Communicating fluently in English is a must . Arabic and/or French is a plus.