United Nations University (UNU)
Under the supervision of the Senior Systems Analyst, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
1. Process digitalization and digital productivity tool:
- Elicit and analyze the business needs of the institute and end-users with a focus on modernizing business processes and maximizing efficiency with MS 365.
- Champion and manage the adoption of all Office 365 capabilities (e.g., Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, Teams, SharePoint Online, Intune, ATP, DLP, Power BI, and Power Automate).
- Manage and resolve issues related to the Microsoft 365 environment, including both escalated tickets as well as tasks related to daily operations, coordinating solutions with internal ICT team and C3 colleagues as required.
2. ICT operational support:
- Ensure that users have the appropriate computing equipment, secure access to desktop and mobile services, and follow ICT procedures according to organizational standards.
- Microsoft Active Directory Account Administration – Microsoft 365 Mailbox Creation and Management.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on Microsoft office 365 processes.
- Assist with response, management, and mitigation of cyber security incidents according to established procedures
3.tEnsure facilitation of Process Innovation and development:
- Work across all units and project teams to analyze their requirements and translate them into technical solutions capitalizing on the MS 365 ecosystem (e.g., SharePoint online/MS Teams).
- Identify opportunities for process, system and structural improvement as well as improving current practices, increasing effectiveness, and achieving efficiency gains.
- Constantly research new and existing Office 365 technologies with the goal of improving the current processes.
- Communicate effectively with clients and when working in teams and have a proactive attitude with a goal-oriented mind-set.
5.tPerforms other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators
- Identify areas for streamlining or improvement of processes within a reasonable time frame
- Provide training and hand-off solutions to end-users in a timely manner
- Test solutions internally and with end-users to ensure they work properly
- Manage available resources such as hardware, data, and personnel to ensure timely and quality delivery of tools
- Quality and high level of engagement with end users to listen, observe, and understand their business needs
- Inclusion – Take action to create an environment of dignity and respect for all, regardless of age, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, geography, grade, language, nationality, racial identity, religion, sex, sex characteristics, sexual orientation, social origin or any other aspect of identity.
- Integrity – Act ethically, demonstrating the standards of conduct of the United Nations and taking prompt action in case of witnessing unprofessional or unethical behaviour, or any other breach of UN standards.
- Humility – Demonstrate self-awareness and willingness to learn from others.
- Humanity – Act according to the purposes of the United Nations: peace, dignity and equality on a healthy planet.
- Connect and Collaborate – Build positive relationships with others to advance the work of the United Nations and work coherently as One UN
- Analyse and Plan – Seek out and use data from a wide range of sources to understand problems, inform decision-making, propose evidence-based solutions and plan action
- Deliver Results with Positive Impact – Hold oneself and others accountable for delivering results and making a positive difference to the people and causes that the United Nations serves
- Learn and Develop – Pursue own learning and development and contribute to the learning and development of others
- Adapt and Innovate – Demonstrate flexibility, agility and the ability to think and act in novel ways
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in information technology or related fields of studies with at least four (4) years of relevant professional experience degree.
- Two (2) years of experience in Office 365 administration
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure AD, ATP, and Intune
- Experience in Office 365 PowerApps and Power Automate
- Experience with scripting and automation tools PowerShell or Python
- Administrative knowledge of Active Directory is an advantage
- ITIL certification is desired
- Microsoft Office 365 certification is an advantage
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure technologies and migration of on-prem workloads to the cloud is an advantage.
- Knowledge of network architecture and network monitoring systems is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.
UNU offers an attractive, tax exempt compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), 30 days annual leave, dependency benefits, pension plan and health insurance scheme. For more information please see: (link)?viewtype=SAL
Duration of contract
This is a full-time, fixed-term appointment. The initial appointment will be for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal on a fixed-term appointment basis, subject to satisfactory work performance.
For academic positions, the combined duration of fixed-term appointments with UNU may not exceed six (6) years. The mandatory age of retirement for United Nations staff is 65 years.
As soon as possible.
How to Apply:
To apply to UNU, you will not need an account. Instead, we ask that you:
- Apply via the apply link;
- fill out the UNU P11 form (please avoid using similar forms provided by other United Nations organisations);
- provide a motivation statement (in the P11 form); and
- answer a few questions that are tailored to the position.You may wish to refer to the UN Values and Behaviours Framework for more information.
You may wish to refer to the UN Values and Behaviours Framework for more information.
Application Deadline: 17 August 2022
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview, background checks, and references.
This is a locally recruited position and no relocation expenses or allowance apply. The position is limited to persons who have (1) Finnish nationality or (2) the necessary residence, and work permit for Finland, or (3) have right of residence in Finland as an EU/EFTA citizen.
Staff members of the United Nations University are international civil servants subject to the Rector’s authority. They may be assigned to any of the activities or offices of the United Nations University. The Rector reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below that advertised.
UNU is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply and become part of the organisation. Applications from developing countries, and from women are strongly encouraged. Eligible internal applicants are also encouraged to apply.
UNU has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNU, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
Information about UNU rosters
UNU reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNU at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.