UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
UNDP in Pretoria, South Africa
Procurement Process : RFP – Request for proposal
Office : UNDP COUNTRY OFFICE – SOUTH AFRICA
Deadline : 06-Feb-23
Posted on : 07-Dec-22
Development Area : CONSULTANTS
Reference Number : 97245
Link to Atlas Project : 00129870 – UNDP’S CLIMATE PROMISE:ENHANCING NDCs BY 2021
Documents : ANNEX 2 SUBMITTING FORM TERMS AND CONDITIONS REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL TERMS OF REFERENCES
Overview : In line with Decision 1/CP.21 of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), the Paris Agreement was adopted. The Paris Agreement in enhancing the implementation of the Convention, including its objective, aims to strengthen the global response to the threat of climate change, in the context of sustainable development and efforts to eradicate poverty, including by:
- Holding the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels and pursuing efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels, recognizing that this would significantly reduce the risks and impacts of climate change.
- Increasing the ability to adapt to the adverse impacts of climate change and foster climate resilience and low greenhouse gas emissions development, in a manner that does not threaten food production; and
- Making finance flows consistent with a pathway towards low greenhouse gas emissions and climate-resilient development.
- The objective is to address existing gaps in meeting South Africa’s enhanced transparency requirements and tracking progress towards achievement of its NDC. Consequently, the following outputs will be achieved following a successful achievement of the CBIT project:
- Development and implementation of a long-term capacity building strategy on Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventory and mitigation actions impact assessment.
- Implementation of the long-term capacity building strategy at national level through provision of relevant training programmes to relevant government officials and other stakeholders.
The procurement of a consultancy team for this ToRs, is in line with meeting South Africa’s CBIT objective and the output on developing a long-term capacity building strategy on Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventory and mitigation actions impact assessment and implementing it at national level through provision of relevant training programmes to relevant government officials and other stakeholders.