Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
Deputy Head of Monetary and Economic Department (MED) and Head of Financial Stability Policy
Office location: Basel
Unit: MED Management
Service: Employment – Duration: 5 Years
Contract type: Fixed-term
Application Deadline: 08/01/2023
Deputy Head of Monetary and Economic Department and Head of Financial Stability Policy
Our mission is to support central banks’ pursuit of monetary and financial stability through international cooperation, and to act as a bank for central banks. The Monetary and Economic Department (MED) conducts research and policy analysis on a wide range of macro-financial issues with a focus on monetary and financial stability. The role of Deputy Head of Monetary and Economic Department and Head of Financial Stability Policy is a key position in delivering our mission: · They provide intellectual leadership in our work on financial stability to keep the BIS at the forefront of policy debates.
· They lead and coordinate the support for our representation in international policy forums, notably the Financial Stability Board (FSB) and G20 and oversees the work of the secretariats of the BIS-hosted Committees.
· They contribute to the management of MED as a member of the MED Management Team and as Deputy Head of MED and takes part in governance at a senior level as a member of the Bank’s enlarged Executive Committee (ExCo).
· They represent the BIS externally at senior level.
The successful candidate will: · be in a visible, senior position within the monetary and economic area of a central bank, international financial organisation, leading research or policy institution or private sector financial services organisation.
· have an outstanding track record in the analysis of the financial system and financial stability in a visible, senior position and have recognised leadership in cooperative activities on financial stability and familiarity with the workings of the BIS-hosted Committees.
· Strong managerial and administrative skills and proven leadership qualities.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and outstanding verbal and drafting skills
In return, we offer the opportunity to work at the hub for central bank cooperation, an intellectually stimulating international setting alongside colleagues from more than 60 countries, and competitive employment conditions. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter along with your responses to the three application form questions, incomplete applications may be disregarded.
The deadline for applications is 23.59 on Sunday January 8 2023