UNICEF - United Nations Children's Fund
Database Officer (Fixed Term), NO-1, Bogotá-Colombia, post # 121164
Job no: 555198
Position type: Fixed Term Appointment
Location: Colombia Division/Equivalent: Latin America and Caribbean Regional Off
Department/Office: Bogota, Colombia
Categories: Fund Raising
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
At UNICEF COLOMBIA we work to generate positive changes in the lives of children and adolescents. Our current work plan runs from 2021 to the end of 2024 and aims to ensure that children and adolescents enjoy their rights through equitable access to social services, improve their learning and live protected from all types of violence.
We work throughout Colombia, with special focus on the departments where children have fewer opportunities: Chocó, Cauca, Nariño, Antioquia, Córdoba, Amazonas, Putumayo, La Guajira, Caquetá, Atlántico, Arauca and Norte de Santander.
For more information visit the following link: (link)?v=Bc3OopCmEpM
The PFP fundraising team within the Colombia Country Office for UNICEF is expanding to develop new income streams and is managing a fast-growing Salesforce donor base with an expanding number of donor recruitment channels. Within this context the Donor Management team, plays a vital role in helping to retain donors through excellent donor management, timely reporting, data analysid and efficient and effective customer service.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Individual Specialist, the Database Officer is responsible for and leads the maintenance of the donor and supporter database. Support external inquiries related to PSFR and provide timely and appropriate information to respond to individual donors, agencies and others.
Responsible for maintenance and development of data structures, dimensions and models to facilitate constant improvements in analysis and insights leading to more informed decision making.
Manage a team of assistants, working closely with Fundraisers, ICTD, and Third party vendors / agencies.
Improve effectiveness of database tools and services.
- Testing, modifying and implementing improvements to database.
- Assist in design and development of database or integration with other software’s in collaboration with PFP and ICTD
- Liaise with programmers, other super users, technical support teams.
- Troubleshoot all database issues.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education; Technical and/or University Levels in computational engineer or any other discipline relevant to the job is an asset knowledge of database management an asset; proven data entry and customer service ability.
- Minimum of three years managing CRM database in a fundraising environment. Salesforce is required.
- Experience of leading a team of database assistants, donor care staff or data entry processors.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in data analysis, dashboard generation and monitoring plans.
- Experience of Salesforce technologies (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud)
- Knowledge of computer programming will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and the local language at the duty station is required. Knowledge of another UN language is an asset
FIND THE COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION HERE:
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values are Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability & Sustainability
The Core competencies required for the post are:·
- Builds and maintains partnerships (L2)
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (L2)
- Drive for results with impact (L2)
- Innovates and embraces change (L2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (L2)
- Thinks and acts strategically (L2)
- Working collaboratively with others (L2)
- Nurtures, leads and manage people (L1)
View our competency framework at: Get prepared | UNICEF Careers
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process
Advertised: Sep 14 2022 SA Pacific Standard Time Application close: Sep 25 2022 SA Pacific Standard Time