United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
Business Development and Digital Transformation, Management Services Branch (MSDD)
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
11 months, renewable
05 February 2023
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The Management Services Division (MSD) continues to look for digital solutions to meet the growing demand from the organization and implement the initiatives related to digital transformation.
The Data Manager will work in the MSDD branch to support digital transformation projects for the Management Services Division. The Management Services Division includes workstreams focusing on Asset, Facilities, Fleet, Mobility and Travel Management, as well as Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, and Environmental Sustainability, among other services critical to enabling WFP colleagues to live and work throughout WFP’s global operations.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
We are looking for an experienced Data Manager to oversee the development and use of data strategies and systems and the discovery of efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality to create data-driven decision making.
- Supports the design and coordination of the MSD 5 years Data Strategy and develops implementation plans for delivery of strategic milestones.
- Manages the assessment of divisional Data needs (mainly regarding Business intelligence, quality and progress monitoring), Data availability, Data presentation, etc.
- Coordinates the prioritization with the IT roadmap to design and manage MSD data strategy roadmap in coherence with budget constraints.
- Analyses and designs divisional and cross functional solutions to provide data-driven insights for management through analytics strategy and KPIs.
- Defines MSD data architecture and modeling.
- Designs Digital Transformation Projects KPIs
- Collaborates with branches Data Stewards, Business Process Experts and relevant Key Technology Experts to design and develop relevant reports and dashboards.
- Participates to the MSD Digital Board to coordinate divisional data management and share best practices to streamline.
- Oversees the integration of new technologies and initiatives into data standards and structures.
- Coordinates with WFP Data Protection Manager and WFP Legal to ensure proper data handling and storing following WFP data policies.
- Maintain MSD Product Roadmap updated on data related services.
- Coordinate and provide business input for the development and roll-out of MSD digital transformation projects.
- Budget is updated and digital procurement is managed.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
As this position will be remotely based, in order to be eligible for this position, the candidate must have consistent and reliable internet connection from their remote location.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or related fields.
- Digital Marketing qualifications and courses are considered as an asset
- Minimum 3-years post-graduate experience with product/project management
- Proven track record of planning, leading and executing related projects.
- Experience in gathering business and user requirements.
- Ability to manage budget, resources, and risks
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing–in fluent English, with the ability to present technical concepts in concise business language to multiple audiences.