International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 190 member countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world.
The IMF’s privacy program, currently housed in the Institute for Capacity Development (ICD), is seeking a Data Management Assistant/Sr. Data Management Assistant to conduct a data discovery/data mapping exercise for its privacy program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Data Privacy Program Manager, the Data Management Assistant will be responsible for:
- Coordinating all data mapping activities with the IT department’s privacy specialist.
- Developing and distributing personal data protection questionnaires to IT system owners.
- Tracking and analyzing results of questionnaires.
- Providing briefings to Data Privacy Program Manager and various committees on the results of the mapping exercise.
- Identifying gaps in controls and developing initial remediation recommendations.
- A university degree in programming/systems, computer science, statistics, finance, mathematics, economics, or a related field of study, is required.
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience working on privacy matters is preferred.
- Data management and analysis skills and experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau)
- Superior ability to structure and create presentations and synthesize complex issues in an attractive and impactful format
- Detail oriented and organized, able to multi-task and interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, to learn quickly, and to work under tight deadlines, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This is a 6-month contractual appointment in the IMF headquarters.
Only candidates currently residing in the Washington DC metro area will be considered
ICDGP Institute for Capacity Development Global Partnerships Division
A06, A07, A08
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.