Data Analyst (Contractual) – ITD
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
Under the general supervision of the Section Chief responsible for Data Warehousing and Integration Platform Family, the Data Analyst will work in the Data Warehouse and BI team with the Platform Family Owner (Data Warehouse) delivering Business Intelligence solutions. This includes but is not limited to working with Product and Platform Owners in the design of data warehouse solutions, reports and dashboards for corporate data, and managing service provider resources for the effective delivery of systems.
The selected candidate serves as a liaison between the IT Product and Platform families as part of the platform teams to understand business requirements and translate them into platform requirements and advises on the best technical solutions. The Data Analyst will be responsible for safeguarding technical assets by identifying platform requirements and working with Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Platform Architects and Platform Owners to develop solutions that satisfy, business needs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collaborates with business partners, product and platform and other integrated team members to create a line-of-business in solution design and delivery of BI and analytics applications.
2. Liaises with Managed Service Providers ensuring delivery of data driven solutions.
3. Responsible for the effort to develop reports, dashboards for business users, utilizing Power BI and programming languages, such as Fortran, Python and R to manipulate and analyze data.
4. Researches, analyzes requests, and designs algorithms to improve the performance and to extend the capabilities of BI and analytics applications.
5. Effectively communicates, be it verbal or written, and promotes data warehouse capabilities and the importance of data governance to relevant stakeholders.
6. Analyzes requests, designs methodology and develops programs and modules for advanced data modeling visualization.
7. Conducts complex database queries, integrations of data from multiple data sources, and work with ETLs for large-scale, complex data sets.
8. Reviews data definitions and ensures data quality compliance based on an established data governance framework. Identifies and leverages opportunities to continually improve the quality of data management systems, processes, and standards.
9. Supports processing of structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data to derive patterns, trends, and correlations using various data science tools and techniques in order to draw credible analytical conclusions.
10. Utilizes the Fund-selected third-party Metadata Management tool by expanding the use of its data catalog, data governance, and data lineage capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or related discipline plus minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience or Master’s degree plus minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience
- 4 to 6 years technical developer and major project leadership experience directly related to data warehousing desired
- Demonstrated technical expertise of working with enterprise data; data warehousing; BI reporting and dashboard development to advance enterprise data architectures utilizing key data warehouse components such as Azure SQL, DataStage, Cognos BI, Cognos TM1, Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Office365, and Oracle database and programming languages such as Fortran, Python and R
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to convey higher level technical concepts to non-experts
The ideal candidate should also demonstrate the:
- Ability to provide Fund-wide services on BI and Data Warehousing using advanced computing capabilities to garner insights and hidden patterns from data, and solve complex data problems related to the Fund’s corporate business areas such as HR, Finance, Budget and planning, facilities, etc.
- Ability to understand the business and technical landscape of multiple source systems and required data integrations by analyzing data source structures, reviewing how the information is structured, how the data is transformed within a system and how to extract information that is useful and actionable for the business (i.e. ETL/ELT processes).
- Ability to manage business initiatives by being able to deliver BI solutions from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models to deliver business impact to the IMF.
- Ability to work with the business to design, create, evaluate, and maintain solutions using data science techniques and machine learning, working with various teams to identify, manage, research, develop, and present data analytics projects and solutions for various business streams.
This is a one-year contractual appointment. Contractual appointments at the IMF are renewable for up to four years of cumulative contractual service, pending incumbent’s performance, budget availability and continuous business need.
ITDEPDW Information Technology Department Enterprise Platforms Data Warehousing and Integration
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including gender, nationality, culture, and educational background.
The IMF works to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty. Our work on the macroeconomic benefits of challenges such as empowering women, modernizing the global trading system, wage inequity, and climate change, provides new ideas to safeguard the stability of the international monetary and financial system and addresses the world’s most pressing macroeconomic and financial issues . Our 2, 800 dedicated employees are leaders in their fields and collaborate to address the needs of our members and make a meaningful, positive difference to lives across the globe.
- Office IMF Washington