Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
FAO Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : 2300109
Contact Centre Assistant
Job Posting: 16/Jan/2023
Closure Date: 13/Feb/2023, 10:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : CSLC
Job Type: Staff position
Type of Requisition : General Service
Grade Level : G-5
Primary Location: Hungary-Budapest
Duration : Fixed-term 2 years with possibility of extension
Post Number : 2000497
CCOG Code : 2101
Staff in the General Service category are recruited locally from the Primary Location area, which is where the office is located.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through the FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensures the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improves the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities. This position is located in the Contact Centre of the FAO Shared Services Centre and based in Budapest, Hungary.
The Contact Centre Assistant coordinates and performs the full range of client-related support services. He/she ensures quality and consistency of the flow of office work and information in the work unit.
The Contact Centre Assistant reports to a National Professional Officer (SSC) under the overall guidance of the Contact Centre Associate. The incumbent operates independently, takes decisions on work priorities and exercises initiative for dealing with cases without precedents. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs. He/she provides guidance and advice to other office support staff.
The Contact Centre Assistant works closely with a wide range of colleagues, with business units and external clients, performing and coordinating client-related support services, and providing procedural guidance and information.
- Provide second line support in resolving client enquiries and technical issues across multiple disciplines, including issues related to corporate systems and procedures.
- Review and resolves specific clients’ problems, which may be long-standing or of a more complex nature.
- Foster effective client partnerships and joint accountability for process outcomes; support periodic Service Level Agreements (SLAs) performance reviews with clients; monitors and escalates performance concerns.
- Identify where users encounter problems in processing transactions, identify data discrepancies in the system, propose adjustments as appropriate and participate in testing system changes.
- Maintain the SSC service catalogue and SLAs; continuously evolve with changing client needs.
- Assist FAO personnel, transaction initiators and approvers in processing Procure to Pay, Finance, Travel and HR transactions in the FAO Global Resource Management System (ORACLE), and advise on FAO rules and procedures.
- Assist users in operating FAO corporate systems (for example iRecruitment and [email protected]).
- Handle incoming queries through a tracking system and phone within the established SLA.
- Draft documents and correspondence of moderate complexity.
- Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts directly on the smooth and efficient running of the office. He/she plays a lead role in the provision of office client-related support services for successful achievement of the organizational unit’s mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education. Experience: Four years of relevant experience in office/management support work, including human resources, and/or travel and finance. Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English. IT Skills: Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit,and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Very good knowledge of corporate computerized financial/travel/human resources systems and administrative procedures and policies.
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
Work experience in more than one area of work. Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of a second FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish). Good knowledge of FAO’s organizational structure.
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at (link)
- The length of the appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to extension of appointments
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application.”Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- No international benefits will be payable as selected candidates are recruited locally and paid in the local currency of the office location
- Other similar positions may be filled from this vacancy notice
- For additional information visit the FAO employment website: (link)
REMUNERATION A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the following link: (link) allowances/salary.htm
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Once completed, please apply and submit your application, with language certificates as attachments. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications. FAO reserves the right to request candidates to undertake a language test in the future, as appropriate
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
- If you need assistance please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT