World Health Organization (WHO)
Consultant to provide technical advice in updating/compiling the required information for filling in the RMNCAH policy survey in Jordan
( 2211400 )
Contractual Arrangement : External consultant
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days) : 1o working days
Job Posting: Dec 8, 2022, 7:16:07 AM
compiling the required information for filling in the RMNCAH policy survey. The consultant will also be required to submit the updates online together with the policy documents.
The WHO Departments of Maternal, New-born, Child and Adolescent Health and of Reproductive Health and Research are planning to update the reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) policy survey that was conducted back in 2018-2019 in all countries of the EMR. The RMNCAH policy survey focuses on key laws, regulations, policies, guidelines and strategies in all regions and countries. The survey provides a mechanism for regular reporting against indicators outlined in the Global Strategy and offers a platform to monitor progress towards achieving its objectives. It also contributes towards measuring progress in achieving the SDGs and the triple billion target of the WHO General Programme of Work 13.
The 2018 RMNCAH policy survey was conducted for the first time through an online survey platform, which allowed for electronic submission of relevant RMNCAH policy documents.
By shifting to an online survey, WHO is now ensuring that both regional and country offices will have access to databases and the compiled survey results.
Now five years later, it is time to update this policy survey throughout the region, building on the work that was finalised in 2018- 2019.
At the country level, the following activities will take place:
- Coordinating updating the policy survey will be ensured by WHO country office as a main focal point
- Assignment, by Ministry of Health, responsibility to relevant focal points from different units that will contribute to the survey updates.
- Submission of RMNCAH updated policy documents in their electronic version via the online survey tool.
For this purpose, a consultant will be recruited by WHO Jordan Country Office to coordinate with the Ministry Health of, consult with identified stakeholders in person or from distance, collect the needed documents, and updated the online survey.
- Work to be performed
The consultant will work closely with WHO Health System- Focal Point. Over the given timeframe, the consultant is required to provide the following specific technical assistance:
- Discuss the inception report with Ministry of Health focal point and WHO country office and share the proposed list of stakeholders to be consulted for the assignment;
- Coordinate and meet with assigned focal points at Ministry of Health
- Collect and compile needed policy documents as identified by the stakeholders;
- Validate and confirm the final survey responses in consultation with Ministry of Health, WHO and other stakeholders based in Amman;
- Update the filled the online survey with the relevant national data and information in consultation with WHO country office;
- Prepare and submit report of the consultancy
Deliverable 1.1: Prepare and submit Inception report including action plan for completing the assignment.
Deliverable 1.2: Collect and submit all modules of the survey electronically filled and updated policy documents.
- Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
Essential: University degree in science, public health, medicine or any related field .
At least 5 years’ experience in public health and/or heavy experience in research.
Skills/Technical skills and knowledge:
- Technical knowledge of RMNCAH policies and programmes in the country;
- Experience in conducting policy reviews of similar nature;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Coordination and communication skills
- Report writing skills
Languages and level required:
Excellent command of English and Arabic (Read
- Planned timelines (10 working days)
Start date: 10 January 2023
End date: 10 March 2023
- Medical clearance
The selected Consultant will be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.
The Consultant is not expected to travel.
- This vacancy notice may be used to identify candidates for other similar consultancies at the same level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- If your candidature is retained for interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: (link) . Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: (link) .
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
Please see deliverables included in attached ToR