WFP - World Food Programme
WFP / PAM Kinshasa
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
JUSTIFICATION TO ESTABLISH NEW ROLE:
WFP’s core mandate and strengths centre around three priorities: saving lives in emergency situations; improving the nutrition and quality of life of the most vulnerable people; and helping to build assets and promote the self-reliance of poor people and communities.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
Provide technical advice and oversight to procurement field operations of moderate complexity, partnering with the key supply chain functions to ensure an integrated supply chain approach to meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries. To collect, analyze and report on information to maximize efficiency of procurement operations and activities.
The Procurement Officer will report directly to the Head of Procurement, Kinshasa. The incumbent will predominantly be responsible for a variety of assignments including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Support procurement programs and operational activities related to Resilience (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes and contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Coordinate the preparation of Country Office Annual Procurement Plan and monitor the implementation of the approved plan.
- Manage the Coordinate and facilitate the establishment an effective and efficient Country office vendor master Database.
- Support Cash Based Transfer operations ensuring timely preparation of related procurement transactions
- Coordinate and facilitate the retail supply chain assessment when required
- Contribute towards Business Operational Strategy (BOS) achievement under the UN Procurement Working Group by leveraging buying positions and mitigate duplication of activities.
- Contribute to analysis of data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Support auditing of procurement activities by collating the necessary information for recommendations to be responded appropriately and to ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts to align procurement activities with wider programme and ensure coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Perform any other task as necessary
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: At least 5 years of experience handling routine transactions/purchase of commodities/goods and services. Experience in developing timeliness and cost reports for suppliers (e.g. retailers, wholesalers and traders). Demonstrated experience coordinating procurement processes with other units/teams. Experience in developing procurement policies and procedures.
Language: Fluency (level C) in French and intermediate knowledge (level B) in English language.
Knowledge & Skills:
Partnership and service mindset. A comprehensive set of competencies enabling immediately to assume the role in the designated area of responsibility with integrity, results orientation, teamwork, good inter-personal skills, well developed communication skills, analytical skills, flexibility, proactive engagement. Gender and culturally sensitive. Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate high tolerance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
05 February 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.