UNECE - Economic Commission for Europe
UNECE HQ Geneva
Posting Title: Consultant for the Trans-European Railway (TER) Project
Department/Office: Economic Commission for Europe
Duty Station: GENEVA
Posting Period: 20 September 2022 – 28 September 2022
Job Opening Number: 22-Economic Commission for Europe-191203-Consultant
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Result of Service
– Documents for the sessions of the TER Steering Committee (as requested by the TER PM) to be held in 2022;
- At the request and under the guidance of the PM collect and process data from the TER countries needed for elaboration of the 2021 TER Backbone Network Report that contains the following chapters:
- TER Backbone Network,
- TER Backbone Network parameters and traffic,
- TER Backbone Network terminals and facilities,
- Results of TER projects´ monitoring,
- TER Backbone Network status,
- Including map of the TER Backbone Network and maps of the TER Backbone Network in each TER member country.
- Draft TER Trust Fund Agreement 2023-2027 Attachment 1;
- Preparation of summary report on all the activities undertaken in the framework of the contract in accordance with the ToR.
- All data gathered by the consultant from national coordinators or through desk research will be handed over to the TER PCO and the UNECE at the end of contract.
Estimated working time 2.5 Months.
The services of the consultant are requested in order to assist to help the Trans-European Railway (TER) Project Manager (PM) in the implementation of the TER Project´s Programme of Work 2022, in preparing background documents related to TER Programme of Work 2022; in preparation of TER Backbone Network Report for 2021 and TER Trust Fund Agreement 2023-27; in implementation of the TER Strategy 2025 in 2022 including the monitoring of its selected activities.
In close co-operation and under direct guidance of the PM and under the overall supervision of the Director of the UNECE Sustainable Transport Division and of the respective officers of the Division, the consultant will: a) at the request of the PM, participate in and elaborate documents for the TER Steering Committee sessions and other TER meetings and technical workshops as planned in Project´s 2022 Programme of Work, and reporting directly to the PM the results of his/her works, including:
- elaboration of background documents for the sessions of the TER Steering Committee and the other TER meetings, especially for those related to the TER Backbone Network Report;
- assistance in collection and processing of data on railway infrastructure network in the TER countries needed for monitoring of its development and for updating the TER database in order to reflect the requirements arising from the ongoing advancement of the TER Project;
- processing and analysis of collected data and elaboration of reports;
- elaboration the draft 2021 TER Backbone Network Report and the related railway maps of the TER member countries and of the whole TER region;
- performing other PM requests.
b) at the request and under the guidance of the PM assist the TER PCO in preparing of the TER Trust Fund Agreement 2023-2027 Attachment 1.
c) at the request and under the guidance of the PM assist the TER PCO in promoting the outputs of the activities of the TER Programme of Work for 2022 and the TER Strategy 2025.
Advanced degree in Engineering, Transport, Economics is required.
Experience in Rail transport, Transport planning, GIS, regional transport cooperation/TER is required.
Experience in preparation of maps (TER Backbone network) is required.
Fluency in English is required.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.