ITER Organization in Cadarache
The ITER Organization brings together people from all over the world to be part of a thrilling human adventure in southern France—building the ITER Tokamak. We require the best people in every domain. We offer challenging full-time assignments in a wide range of areas and encourage applications from candidates with all levels of experience, from recent graduates to experienced professionals. Applications from under-represented ITER Members and from female candidates are strongly encouraged as the ITER Organization supports diversity and gender equality in the workplace. Our working environment is truly multi-cultural, with 29 different nationalities represented among staff. The ITER Organization Code of Conduct gives guidance in matters of professional ethics to all staff and serves as a reference for the public with regards to the standards of conduct that third parties are entitled to expect when dealing with the ITER Organization. The south of France is blessed with a very privileged living environment and a mild and sunny climate. The ITER Project is based in Saint Paul-lez-Durance, located between the southern Alps and the Mediterranean Sea—an area offering every conceivable sporting, leisure, and cultural opportunity.
To see why ITER is a great place to work, please look at this video
Application deadline: 27/11/2022
Domain: Corporate Domain
Department: Human Resources Department
Division: Not Applicable
Section: Human Resources Services Section
Group: Not applicable
Job Family: Project Support
Job Role: Functional Officer – 1
Job Grade: G5
Language requirements: Fluent in English (written & spoken)
Contract duration: Up to 5 years
As a Compensation and Benefits Specialist, you will ensure compliance to the Staff Regulations and HR (Human Resources) procedures on compensation and statutory benefits, payroll and HR financial administration. You will lead and manage the organization’s time and absences policies and procedures, with related compensation provisions and regular reporting. Throughout all activities, you will ensure a customer focused and efficient Human Resources (HR) service to the ITER Organization (IO) managers and its staff.
The Human Resources Services section provides HR services to IO staff and managers, ensuring compliance to the Staff Regulations of the IO and its implementing rules on all compensation and benefits related matters, as well as coordination and ITER Project support to the external workforce policies and schemes. The section’s responsibilities include determining eligibility of individual staff benefits, monthly payroll processing and calculation of salaries, special working hours management, time and absences administration, insurances and pension, for approximately 1100 directly employed staff. It also manages all aspects related to selection, contract management and administration for approximately 400 external personnel.
Key Duties, Scope, and Level of Accountability
- Ensures preparation and validation of the monthly payroll, confirming accuracy of the payroll data and information, in particular for the entitlement to social and family allowances, social insurance and pension;
- Leads the implementation and management of special working hours (shift work, overtime, on-call duty, etc.) policy, closely liaising with the relevant Units;
- Implements leave and absences management and entitlements, including annual leave, home leave, special leave, sickness leave, establishing periodical statistics and reporting;
- Evaluates and recommends actions to management for complex cases relating to compensation and benefits matters;
- Provides accurate and timely information to staff/managers and answers queries on IO conditions of employment and HR policies;
- Oversees end of employment checks as per the established departure procedure;
- Proposes improvements to IO compensation and benefits policy and for the optimization of internal processes and procedures;
- Develops reports and presentations for HR management, analyzing SAP data and results, and presenting information, including recommendations for decision-making;
- Ensures internal communication and up-to-date information to managers and staff on Compensation and Benefits related policies and procedures;
- Provides back-up support on preparing and managing the HR budget, including the monitoring, reporting and adjustment of expenditure;
- Contributes to initiatives and projects for benchmarking of IO compensation and benefits package;
- Contributes to the development and implementation of HR digitalization projects, liaising with the IT Division, including supervision of assigned external consultants, as required;
- Works closely with the other members of the team to ensure a consistent approach of the highest quality of HR service across the organization;
- May be requested to support any of the project/construction teams and to perform other duties in support of the project;
- May be required to work outside ITER Organization reference working hours, including nights, weekends and public holidays.
Measure of Effectiveness
- Ensures proper analysis, development, implementation, interpretation and application of HR policies and procedures;
- Provides accurate and high quality reports and presentations within the defined deadlines;
- Ensures an efficient and high quality service to managers and staff;
- Establishes excellent professional collaborative relationships both within and external to the IO;
- Supports efficiently the section on HR digitalization projects;
- Provides accurate and relevant data and information required for internal or external audits, within the defined timeline.
Experience & Profile
The following important information shall apply to all jobs at ITER Organization:
- Maintains a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of the ITER Safety Program, ITER Values (Trust; Loyalty; Integrity; Excellence; Team mind set; Diversity and Inclusiveness) and Code of Conduct;
- ITER Core technical competencies of 1) Nuclear Safety, environment, radioprotection and pressured equipment 2) Occupational Health, safety & security 3) Quality assurance processes. Knowledge of these competencies may be acquired through on-board training at basic understanding level for all ITER staff members;
- Implements the technical control of the Protection Important Activities, as well as their propagation to the entire supply chain;
- May be requested to work on beryllium-containing components. In this case, you will be required to follow the established ITER Beryllium Management Program for working safely with beryllium. Training and support will be provided by the ITER Organization;
- May be requested to be part of any of the project/construction teams and to perform other duties in support of the project;
- Informs the IO Director-General, Domain Head, or Department/Office Head of any important and urgent issues that cannot be handled by line management and that may jeopardize the achievement of the Project’s objectives.