International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
The Information Technology Department (ITD) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is seeking to fill a contractual Communication Officer position focusing on contributing to the design and implementation of ITD’s communications strategy. Under the supervision of the Assistant to the Director, the successful candidate will be given broad portfolio of responsibilities in support of ITD’s communications strategy. Responsible for internal and external communications and events support. Determines content topics, coordinates with others to obtain information, writes, edits, designs content. Prepares and supervises the production of presentations, announcements, newsletters, event materials, brochures, photographs, etc.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to ITD’s communications strategy and practices including the design and implementation of communications plans for priority workstreams, in close collaboration with the Communication Department (COM) and other departmental staff.
- Research and write content for the department’s website, infographics, blogs, and newsletters.
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce a high-quality communication product.
- Write, edit, and coordinate distribution of information to market, promote and increase the visibility of initiatives and accomplishments of the ITD department
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the department’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and key external role-players.
- Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Front Office.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- E ducational development, typically acquired by the completion of an advanced university degree, or equivalent, in communications, international relations, languages, or a related field, supplemented by a minimum of four years of relevant professional experience, is required. Alternatively, a university degree, or equivalent, and ten years of relevant professional experience are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field is an asset.
- Experience in communications strategy development is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly computer literate with capability in Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, and Illustrator is an asset and related business and communication tools.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms.
- Proven social media and networking expertise.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
This is a one-year contractual appointment. Contractual appointments at the IMF are renewable for up to four years of cumulative contractual service, pending incumbent’s performance, budget availability, and continuous business need. All applicants are expected to include a Statement of Interest as an attachment to the application, which may be used in the screening process for this vacancy.
ITDAI Information Technology Department Immediate Office
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.