UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
UNDP Regional Centre in Bangkok
Communications Intern (Web & Digital Media) (Home-based)
Location : Bangkok, THAILAND
Application Deadline : 03-Oct-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : English
Expected Duration of Assignment : 6 months
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
CORPORATE BACKGROUND: UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
UNDP is working to strengthen new frameworks for development, disaster risk reduction and climate change. We support countries’ efforts to achieve the new Sustainable Development Goals, which will guide global development priorities through 2030. The key 2030 Agenda principle of leaving no one behind and stamping out inequality is at the core of everything we do.
UNDP focuses on helping countries build and share solutions in three main areas:
- Sustainable development
- Democratic governance and peacebuilding
- Climate and disaster resilience
In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights and the empowerment of women, minorities and the poorest and most vulnerable.
INTERNSHIP OFFICE BACKGROUND: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development recognizes the important role of youth in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and calls for action against the challenges faced by young people that limits their economic, social and political inclusion. Today, young people are more connected, more creative, more informed and more persuasive than any previous generation. Young people are responding to the challenges of today with innovative approaches, contributing fresh ideas, creating the world they want, and driving human development for themselves, their communities and their societies. But at the same time, due to COVID-19 pandemic and other socio-political challenges, many young people are at the risk of economic insecurity. In addition, many young people are left out of decision-making processes, which further contributes to their marginalization and exclusion.
Youth Co:Lab – Website
Co-created in 2017 by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Citi Foundation, Youth Co:Lab aims to establish a common agenda for Asia-Pacific countries to invest in and empower youth to accelerate implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through leadership, social innovation and entrepreneurship. By developing 21st century skills, catalyzing and sustaining youth-led startups and social enterprises across the region, Youth Co:Lab is positioning young people front and center in order to solve the region’s most pressing challenges. In addition to supporting youth entrepreneurship, Youth Co:Lab also works closely with multiple stakeholders across the region, including governments, civil society and the private sector, to strengthen the entrepreneurship ecosystem and policy support to better enable young people to take the lead on new solutions that will help meet the SDGs.
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES: The intern will assist in the following duties and responsibilities: No
Duties and responsibilities
% of time
Website Management & Support:
- Support website maintenance: maintain and update content for all sections of the Youth Co:Lab website to accurately represent;
- Keep track of all required measurements and analytics on the website and provide monthly and other updates as required for reporting purposes;
- Track and monitor media coverage on a monthly basis and ensure the website is updated;
- Support in website content management, dissemination, amplification and digital visibility;
- Monitor and keeping track of online media presence for Youth Co:Lab related media mentions and activities;
- Support the maintenance of the Youth Co:Lab YouTube channel;
- Ensure the website is in line with Youth Co:Lab brand strategy meet the required standards;
- Support in creating a set of standard guidelines in managing the Youth Co:Lab website.
Video Production & Graphic Design Support:
- Support in creating campaign videos, graphic design (posters banners, gifts, and animations) to assist digital media campaigns as required;
- Collect and analyze social media data to discover trends and adapt social media strategies and Youth Co:Lab’s Communications Plan accordingly;
- Support in developing the Youth Co:Lab Newsletter including supporting content development, disbursement and measurement of success.
- Support with reports, press releases, blog posts, and other communications material as required;
- UNDP support: providing support for other projects under the youth team in video production and website management as needed.
- Interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
- Good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation;
- Outgoing and initiative-taking person with a goal-oriented mind-set;
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently;
- Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- currently in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree; or
- currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent studies.
Field of study: communications, journalism, marketing, digital media studies, computer science, web development, IT systems, or equivalent.
- Website management tools: Knowledge or experience working in Wix platform is an added advantage
- Knowledge in digital content creation tools: familiarity with Adobe Software tools i.e Photoshop, Premier pro will be an added advantage;
- Passion for content creation for website and social media platforms and willingness to learn
- Knowledge and a proficient user of Microsoft Office productivity tools;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Knowing Thai is an advantage;
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
- UNDP will not pay interns for internship but will provide a stipend in the amount of THB 8,302.50 monthly in accordance with the provisions of the UNDP internship policy; all other expenses connected with it will be borne by me or my sponsoring Government or institution;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- Interns are responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
- Interns must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for education programmes;
- Interns need to obtain financing for subsistence and make own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation, etc.