UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund in
Job Identification : 6388
Locations : Ukraine
Posting Date : 10/13/2022, 10:59 AM
Apply Before : 11/02/2022, 08:59 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : SB3
Vacancy Type : Service Contract Holders
Rotational/Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education and Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 3 year(s) experience
Required Languages : English
Vacancy Timeline : 3 Weeks
Job Category : Communications
Communication for Development Specialist, under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Representative and UNFPA Assistant Representative, and the direct supervision of the UNFPA Programme Analyst, Communications and Advocacy, will be responsible for the behavior changing campaigns and overall communication within the Project on Social Norms Change and Gender Stereotypes Elimination for Better Resilience and Prosperity of Women and Men in Ukraine, supported by the Government of Sweden.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. The Fund has operated globally since 1969 in more than 150 countries and territories. UNFPA focuses on women and young people, because these are the groups whose rights are often compromised UNFPA has been active in Ukraine since 1997.
For UNFPA, gender was always at the core of its mandate and center of all Program activities and interventions. UNFPA helps the Government of Ukraine, local authorities, civil society and networks to empower women and ensure their involvement into decision-making processes through development of gender policies and legislation, support of gender research and combating gender discrimination and violence.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Working within a large and complex Country Office environment, you will support the effective implementation of the UNFPA development project Equality Springboard aiming to achieve the following: Objective 1. To enhance capacities of the education system to integrate gender sensitive and non-discriminative content and approach in the school curriculum, textbooks and education materials and teaching practices and to support educational practitioners to promote stereotype-free gender norms among young Ukrainian men and women;
Objective 2. To support men and boys’ engagement into advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment at the community level through applying equal distribution of duties in family life, including care of their children and participation in fathers programmes;
Objective 3. To engage corporate sector and provide it with guidelines and tools to introduce family friendly gender sensitive approaches in their corporate policies and programmes for staff and corporate social responsibility programmes, including domestic and gender-based violence prevention practices.
Main duties and responsibilities
Within the delegated authority and under the overall guidance of Project Coordinator and direct supervision of the Communication Analyst, the C4D Specialist will: Lead development and implementation of communication and outreach/advocacy actions in line with the communication and visibility plan of the project
- Design, develop, and implement communication and outreach/advocacy activities, including media strategies.
- Monitor and analyze print and social media and prepare reports related to the project.
- Support the programme team to launch the project-related campaigns and special events.
- Provide advice and guidance per request to the partners and colleagues with regards to the correct application of the project visual identity, as requested.
- Enforce project visibility through joint communication and advocacy efforts with UNFPA civic society, government and private sector partners, particularly related to the needs of vulnerable groups of population.
- Provide quality inputs to the monitoring and reporting documents.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Country Office, Regional and HQ.
- Lead the development and dissemination of advocacy materials
- Develop and produce communication and advocacy instruments and materials, including briefing materials, press releases and articles and coordinate its dissemination through effective channels.
- Develop inspirational stories highlighting project results and human-interest stories (in media formats such as photos, quote cards, videos etc.).
- Support with the hiring of communications-related consultants if needed (such as designers, editors, illustrators, videographers etc.) and production companies and support with the contracting and payment processes.
- Lead the engagement and supervision of video producers and other communication specialists to produce the related audio/ visual material.
- Identify and launch information opportunities, activities and platforms including in the synergy with other UNFPA projects.
- Provide communication assistance to UNFPA implementing and local partners in implementation of online and offline activities, launches, trainings and press events.
- Provide advice on advocacy materials and publications to be developed within the project.
- Develop newsletters, brochures, factsheets, stories from the field to inform media, partners and general public.
- Help to maintain the 4 Hands Happiness project visibility.
- Prepare initial financial documents for the procurement process and contribute to effective communication bidders procurement by providing specifications or other relevant expertise to the respective procurement unit.
- Manage media relations
- Respond timely and clearly to media inquiries and to a variety of inquiries and information requests; prepare related correspondence; identify topics, background information, news-related development and coverage of interest.
- Organize press conferences, and briefing sessions with press per request .
- Facilitate interviews with partners and personnel of the project.
- Develop talking points and presentations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 years of experience in working in the field of communications, advocacy and/or public relations.
- Experience in developing high quality test for online and traditional communications materials required.
- Outstanding oral and written communications and editorial skills, with proven ability to produce communications products and content for online platforms and social media
- Strong understanding of gender equality issues.
- Expertise on managing web-based knowledge management systems.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and experience in social media outreach.
- Expertise on media relations.
- Experience in working in gender equality and women’s empowerment – as an asset.
- Experience in providing communications support for on and offline events – an asset.
- Experience within the UN system is an asset.
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Communications, journalism, public relations, social sciences, international relations, or a relevant field.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results
- Behaviour changing and awareness raising campaigning
- Partnership and resource mobilisation
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
- Providing strategic focus
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment