ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Donetsk
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Please visit (link) for more information. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Donetsk, Luhansk, Dniepro, Poltava, Sloviansk, Odesa and Vynnytsiya.
The ICRC Delegation in Donetsk seeks to fill the following position:
Cashier (maternity cover) based in Donetsk
AIM OF THE POSITION
Cashier 1 is accountable for the physical processing of cash transactions and the integrity of physical cash balances in a sub-delegation, strictly respecting and applying the ICRC?s rules on financial management.
- Does payments in cash against validated invoices and verifies the presence of all supporting documents
- Strictly applies financial and payment procedures, and explains them to the departments
- Files documents and keeps the cash statement up to date
- Performs various office works which require basic computer knowledge and secretarial skills (e.g. as filing, mail preparation and distribution, updating of lists, simple reports)
- Translates simple documents for internal use
- Helps the superior in daily task and reports regularly the stand of the work
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
Education and professional qualifications
- Secondary school level or a technical school
- 2-years’ work experience in a similar field of activity
- Fluent command of English
- Computer literacy
- Basic knowledge of accountancy is an asset
- Capacity to adhere to ICRC procedures
- Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid field.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and take initiative.
- Ability to work under minor supervision.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Reliability and proactivity is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service attitude;
- Strong sense of autonomy and responsibility;
- Good team player.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment, and also:
- Initial training and on-boarding organized
- Opportunity to work and grow in an international working environment in humanitarian sector
- Good working condition and competitive salary with benefits
Starting date: ASAP
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter by August 04, 2022.
Deadline for applications: 04-08-2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interview. No queries by phone please.