Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : 2300228
Call for Expression of Interest – FAO Regular Volunteer Programme for Europe and Central Asia (REU)
Job Posting: 25/Jan/2023
Closure Date: 25/Aug/2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : (REU) and Sub-regional Offices and Country/Liaison Offices under this region
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : Volunteer Programme
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Various Locations
Duration : Up to a maximum of 6 months
Post Number : N/A
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture.
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non- and under-represented Members and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives, and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 195 Members, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
The FAO Regular Volunteer Programme provides opportunities for individuals to contribute their volunteer actions, where suitable, to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
The Programme proactively and strategically mobilizes broad-based volunteer services of citizens of Members to contribute to end hunger, malnutrition, and food insecurity.
The volunteer will report to an assigned supervisor.
The volunteer will be assigned to a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
Tasks and responsibilities
The volunteer will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Must have completed secondary school education.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Members.
- Candidates should be aged 18 or older.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Relevant working or research experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented Members, as well as candidates from Low-Income Food-Deficit Countries (LIFDCs), Least Developed Countries (LDCs), Land-locked Developing Countries (LLDCs), and Small Island Developing States (SIDS) are encouraged to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.
- All applications will be reviewed, and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
- Selected candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed country of assignment prior to joining the Organization.
- Candidates with family members (defined as mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, or son) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the FAO Regular Volunteer Programme.
- FAO does not provide any remuneration to volunteers.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills.
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation and copy of academic qualifications to the online profile.
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application. Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile.
- Personal information provided in your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application.
- Candidates who are not selected before the closing date and wish to be continuously considered for an assignment are requested to re-apply to the new Calls.
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT