ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Donetsk
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Buyer in its sub-delegation in Donetsk.
Handle procurement activity of the Donetsk office, ensure the respect of ICRC purchasing procedures and support the activity of Logistics department.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Handles current purchases for ICRC Donetsk and/or of specific items (requiring technical knowledge) by respecting the given procedures
- Compiles the selections table with the information collected and submits to logistics and administration responsible
- Applies ICRC procurement policies
- Executes office work (update of tables, filing, typing of standard documents)
- Updates the statistical data’s for the unit
- The employee may be asked to perform other duties not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when and if necessary.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma.
- Certifications in purchasing, procurement or supply-chain management.
- Confirmed technical skills in procurement.
- Computer proficiency.
- Good command of English.
- Good knowledge of the local market(s).
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Good knowledge of and experience with financial rules, procurement procedures and supplier management.
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 days vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 29/01/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)