ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross in
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
Buyer 1 supports the procurement process in the country in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations. S/he is responsible for overseeing the procurement aspects of the Sub Delegation. S/he is instrumental in supporting the Delegations activities through his/her services including quality control, expediting and material control, examining existing procedures and opportunities to streamline activities to limit costs and improving accuracy.
General Accountability and Responsibilities
- Conducts research into the availability of goods and services;
- Independently carries out ordinary procurement for specific sector(s) up to a certain amount;
- Drafts requests for tenders/quotes, selection tables and contracts and submits them to their hierarchical superior;
- Follows up on purchases and deliveries and checks that they are conform to specifications and contract details;
- Manages, follows up on, files and scans invoices and related documents;
- Participates in updating statistics and reporting.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
Order Management / Supply Chain
- Anticipates the needs together with the Logistics Site Manager;
- Helps Supply Chain Administrator (SCA) to determine the stock levels, based on lead times, source and availability;
- Receives Orders from SCA, analyzes them and communicates with the requester for further details if needed;
- maintains a proactive relation with the requesters;
- Ensures to have an overall knowledge of the projects, for which specific needs are requested;
- Determines relevant specifications per product, advises requester on specifications and quality issues/differences and seeks clarifications with the requester if needed;
- Helps the SCA by providing proper description/specifications of goods, for item coding;
- Determines source of supply for incoming Order according to internal procedures;
- Takes into consideration the expressed needs of the customers, delivery times, transport costs, etc. before placing the order;
- Responsible to actively reduce cost or initiate savings without compromising the quality of purchased goods/services;
- Liaise with other units within the supply chain securing finances, appropriate import-export procedures, transfer, warehousing and reporting of ordered items.
finance and administration
- Learns and implements any changes to ICRC standard purchasing procedures;
- Ensures that working advances (if any) are settled in time and accurate;
- Ensures that requester respects financial procedures, especially regarding authorization of expenditure;
- Provides requester and Finance with updated information regarding purchases (amount and timing);
- checks and process invoice from the supplier, provides all supporting documents and submits these to the relevant signatories for approval and payment;
- Updates and maintains petty cash records;
- Handles petty cash purchase on a day to day base with working advances;
- Ensures that working advances are settled in time and accurate;
- sorts out the quality claims before validates suppliers’ invoices;
- Performs necessary paperwork and assures follow up to administration and other departments;
- Submit necessary documentation for tax exemptions;
- In collaboration with Administration, follows allocations of expenditure and planning expenditures of Logistics department for the current and following month.
- Prepares Request for Quotation (RFQ), Request for Tender (RFT), using detailed Item Specifications, to achieve the right quality for goods to be purchased;
- Ensures that the RFQ and RFT contains all relevant information to enable transparent selection of the best price, quality, terms and conditions;
- Prepares selection table (ST) with supporting documents to justify and exhibit transparency in the choice of supplier;
- Ensures that the appropriate parties have approved the ST;
- Ensures that purchases over 2’000CHF are conducted in liaison with Chapter 4 of Logistics Manual, with the applicable green light system and in full conformity with the financial rules;
- Recommends a supplier to be selected;
- Selects and evaluates suppliers with the Logistics Site Manager and Procurement Country Manager;
- Negotiates with suppliers, terms and conditions on purchasing;
- Develop a clear pipeline strategy (payment, delivery);
- Informs bidders about the results of the tender.
Purchase of Goods
- Ensures that best prices for quality are obtained free of tax and provides relevant exemption certificates to supplier if necessary;
- Negotiates frame agreements under Procurement Country Manager and GVA_LOG_PURCH supervision;
- Issues PO and/or Contract for all goods/services purchased;
- Checks the legal validity of the terms of contract;
- Confirm supplier’s agreement on terms and conditions of PO/Contract;
- Submits PO/Contract for approval to the concerned parties and the supplier;
- Manages purchasing contracts until goods/services are delivered by the supplier;
- Checks and processes invoice from the supplier, provides all supporting documents and submits these for obtaining relevant signatories for approval and payment;
- Submit necessary documentation for tax exemptions;
- Ensures that proper PO files with all relevant documents are updated;
- Ensures that purchase files are maintained, auditable and in good order and timely uploaded to Paperless Profiles.
Reception of Goods, Quality & Quantity Control and Claims
- with the warehouse, or agreed other receiver in charge of quality control, ensures that all conditions agreed in the contract have been met in terms of quality and quantity control;
- Follows the delivery schedule of the goods as per terms in the purchase contract. Applies delay penalty were required;
- Liaises with inspection companies and ICRC Quality Control team, to ensure the quality and specifications of delivered goods/services are in conformity with the contract;
- Sorts out the quality/quantity claims prior to validating suppliers’ invoices. Applies penalty for nonconformity, where required;
- treats all claims received from the clients;
- Reverts to the supplier with regard to potential quantity or quality issues.
Suppliers’ Relationship Management
- Updates and maintains suppliers’ data base ;
- Conducts market survey to keep abreast of market developments and availability of goods and services, evaluates and recommends potential new sources of supply for inclusion in the procurement database;
- Spontaneously or on request, conducts analysis for prices and quality benchmarking and submits reports to Head of Purchasing;
- Ensures to maintain and update, product library and sample collection of items;
- Ensures regular supplier evaluation visits, confirming social compliance, capacity to deliver quality goods/services, availability of stocks;
- Ensures ICRC general conditions of purchasing are signed by suppliers;
- Ensures Supplier’s registration and validation is completed;
- Updates pareto Suppliers’ files annually and ensures that files contain all the required documents;
- Evaluates supplier performance.
Reporting and Statistics
- Channels all relevant information related to purchases;
- Prepares weekly status reports for the orders under process
- Reports any changes on the local market (availability of goods, shortage, price increase, etc.);
- Reports to Logistics Site Manager/ Procurement Country Manager if any problems occurred, claims and unusual requests concerning, purchase, quality, price without delay;
- Ensures that all documents required for a PO file are available and handed over to Statistics;
- Ensures that all department’s databases are used and filled correctly;
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent training;
- Certifications in purchasing, procurement or supply-chain management;
- Confirmed technical skills in procurement;
- computer proficiency;
- Excellent command of Ukrainian, Russian and English;
- Good knowledge of the local market(s);
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Good knowledge of and experience with financial rules, procurement procedures and supplier management.
- fast learner;
- Excellent adaptability and flexibility;
- Strong communication skills;
- Genuine interest to work in the humanitarian sector;
- High level of motivation, and commitment to accuracy;
- strong sense of responsibility;
- good team player.
We offer rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment, and:
- Initial training and on-boarding organized;
- Opportunity to work and grow in an international working environment in the humanitarian sector;
- Good working conditions and competitive salary with benefits.
Starting date: ASAP
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department: Deadline for applications: 14/08/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No queries by phone, please.