WFP - World Food Programme
WFP in New Delhi, India
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Type of Contract: Fixed Term – GS 5 Location: Delhi/NCR Duration of Contract: One year (Renewable) No. of Positions : 1 Reporting to: Finance Officer, VCMM Unit
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
10 February, 2023
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. First University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related fields is desirable.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience. Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service. Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention. Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Good computer knowledge and proficient in Microsoft excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Hindi.
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff. Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate. Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders. Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance to concerned WFP Staff.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide technical support and/or allocate work to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff. Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required. Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Maintaining and updating cleared list. Coordinating with FP for obtaining documentation on possible matches. Maintaining database and reports of RPA
- Conducting regular cleaning and targeted review exercise. Taking action in WINGS, maintaining statistics of the response received, following up on pending details.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted. A written test will be used as a form of screening. In the event your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide in advance a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/ certificate(s). This is a national position therefore applicants who are non-Indian nationals will not be considered.
Mode of Engagement : The salary for this position is non-taxable (subject to medical and pension deduction). The incumbent will be entitled to benefits related medical, pension, leave as per WFP policy.
Qualified candidates will be retained on roster for at least two years and may be considered for future similar vacant posts. We encourage Female applicants and individuals with disabilities to apply. WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Applications for the positions are required to be submitted online on the E-recruitment link as mentioned below: (link)-openingsNote: Applicants are requested to Create an account in the system before applying. Curriculum and applications will be registered and system allows them to update their profile and apply for a job through wfp careers website.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.