WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is in the Kenya Country Office (KCO) and the job holder will be based in Nairobi.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of business support activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the related business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Kiswahili
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Manage the provision of courier services in the Country Office through the contracted vendor(s), requisition and payment processing for both international and local Country Office courier services. This includes;
Coordinating with all units for the budget, packing and coordinating with vendor for the collection and dispatch of documents/parcels to various destinations local and international.
Raising the quarterly projection purchase requisition in WINGS.
Verification of service provision/dispatches against invoices to ensure proper accountability of resources, posting service entry sheets (SES) in WINGS and matching invoices in ITS for payment.
- Manage the front-end e-filing and archiving assignment for all the relevant Country Office official documents, note verbales, contracts, LTAs, FLAs, etc. This includes;
Uploading all relevant archivable documents based on the WFP corporate directive on document retention on to the online platform.
Categorizing the documents according the corporate directives on document classification and retention as well as ensuring the accurate dissemination of the documents to respective units.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (cont.)
3. Management of Conference room facilities. This includes;
- Conduct regular inspection of the conference rooms and ensure that they are always kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure that assets i.e. furniture and IT equipment in the conference rooms are kept safe, not removed without notice and maintain a log of any movement of assets in and out of the conference rooms.
- Prioritize the safety and security office assets in the conference room ensuring that these rooms are locked after business hours.
- Staff wellness and hygiene: Book and monitor the servicing of the water dispensers ensuring that they are always clean and requesting for replacements as and when need arises.
4. Support the facilities management in relation to the provision of various services to the Country Office premises, furniture and equipment either through UNON or outsourced service providers. This includes;
- The provision of telephone extensions.
- The repair of office facilities and equipment.
- Provision of cleaning services.
- Sourcing of independent carpentry services not provided by UNON.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (cont.)
- Reconciliation of Accounts, Closure of Purchase Orders and Reports. Conducting monthly reconciliation of the statement of accounts with respective vendors to ensure nil outstanding payments and IPSAS compliance. Monitoring the Purchase Orders balances quarterly to ensure timely closure of the same in order to release unutilized funds and Quarterly reports on the expenditure of international and local courier services and water supply provisions, maintenance and repair works, as recorded in WINGS or by petty cash.
- Support the facilitation of staff enrolment to the UN Bus Transport Services. Preparing memo and coordinate with UNON for the application and cancellation of the transport service to UNON on behalf of requesting staff members. Prepare monthly staff bus contribution list for staff payroll deductions to WFP HR for Service Contract and UNDP for FT contract holders. Prepare memo and coordinate with WFP HR, UNDP and UNON on the stoppage of payroll deductions upon receipt from staff on transportation cancellation.
7. Manage the requisition and payment processing for the provision of water supply in the Country Office. This includes;
- Arranging, place orders for the monthly supply of drinking water for the Country Office with the respective vendor and follow up to ensure timely delivery.
- Raise the quarterly projection purchase requisition in WINGS.
- Verification of product delivery against invoices to ensure proper accountability of resources, posting the goods receipt note (GRN) in WINGS and matching invoices in ITS for payment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (cont.)
- Assist with the delivery and collection of mail, documents and parcels to other UN offices within the UNON compound and the post office in CBD.
- Assist with the purchase and distribution of newspapers as authorized. Maintain monthly expenditure records of the same.
- Perform other related duties as required.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways.
- All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
- Applicants profile MUST match the C.V attached. Any discrepancies between the C.V and the profile will lead to automatic disqualification.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Applications for this position will close at 11:59 p.m. (East African Time) on 13 September 2021.
- Grade G-4
- Office WFP Nairobi