International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
ISO Central Secretariat Geneva
We are ISO, the largest developer of International Standards. We bring together experts, to share knowledge and develop standards that provide solutions to global challenges. This is because we believe that great things happen when the world agrees. We have an exciting opportunity at our Central Secretariat in Geneva.
ISO is committed to be an equal opportunity employer and to creating a culture and environment where each employee is an active contributor to our collective success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin and culture, disability, or age.
Business Analyst (100%)
The Business Analyst analyzes emerging needs and problems encountered by the IT unit stakeholders and proposes adequate technological solutions or process changes required to advance ISO’s business challenges.
We are looking for someone to play a pivotal role in the life of the organization by ensuring the delivery of new IT solutions and services which helps the organization achieve its goals; accompanying the constant changes through the innovative improvement of existing solutions and business processes; as well as providing the whole ISO community with high-level business support.
- Engage with ISO/CS business leaders, product owners and end-users to understand how changes to process, products and services can improve efficiencies – balancing what’s technologically feasible, financially sustainable and functionally reasonable.
- Lead/participate in various IT-related projects. Lead/assist in business case and project plan definition, including change management activities. Identify and prioritize technical and functional requirements. Develop and maintain product specifications.
- Test systems and coordinate user acceptance testing.
- Produce and maintain resources that help people understand and efficiently use ISO products or services.
- Provide support to ISO community, ensure clear and appropriate communication, efficient problem solving and follow-up.
Report to: Head of Projects and Support, Information Technology Services (ITS)
Qualification and Experience
- University or post-graduate degree with more than 3 years of experience in similar position.
- Professional experience in business analysis or a related field including working as/or with product owner and translating business requirements into functional specifications in the context of IT products.
- Experience managing small-medium sized projects using both agile and waterfall project management methodologies.
- Proven ability using data modeling techniques to identify ways in which current processes can operate more effectively.
- Experience running workshops and/or training sessions a plus.
- Solid analytical thinking and problem-solving mindset and ability to explore different solutions, their risks, benefits and impact.
- Tech savvy and confident working with complex data, systems and processes.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with people at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong written communication.
- English (oral & written communication) required. French is a plus.
- Hands-on personality, autonomous, open and inclusive.
- Adheres to ISO’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Growth Mindset, and Pushing Boundaries.