International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
The Information Technology Department (ITD) of the IMF is looking to fill a contractual Associate Systems Engineer. Under the direction of Section Chief or Platform Family Owner, the Associate System Engineer serves as a member of the Learning, Language and Library (LLL) Platforms Family, and provides a wide range of IT services.
The successful candidate will be part of the platform delivery team to understand business and functional requirements, translate them into platform requirements, design and develop solutions, and support and maintain the LLL applications portfolio. The role is expected to advise and execute on the best technical solutions and is responsible for the service delivery. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for platform service delivery of planned enhancements and system integrations while collaborating with vendor management teams and will oversee and participate in the development and delivery of enhancements by the managed service provider (MSP) and other providers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1.Provides subject matter expertise regarding the implementation, integration, and adoption of the Plunet, SDL GroupShare, Studio, Multiterm, Termbase, Microsoft Translate, Interpretation platforms, as well as for Library and Learning platforms and solutions.
2.Translates business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage Plunet and SDL platforms, including usage of Neuro Machine Translation tools, such as Microsoft Translate and other Computer Assisted Translation tools and plug-ins.
3.Provides architectural and technical guidance to perform upgrade/migrate from existing platform(s) to latest platforms in the Cloud.
4.Provides architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps.
5.Provides integration architecture for enterprise systems, and other transactional systems.
6.Understands functional requirements and interacts with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features as an integral part of the Agile project teamwork with Business Analysts,
7.Provides project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
8.Supports multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping, and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, and through continuous delivery to production.
9.Conducts detailed design, development and unit/integration testing utilizing the appropriate methodologies, technology, and tools.
10.Practices strong configuration management and version control.
11.Produces deliverables such as Statement of Work, detailed design documentation, unit test plans and well documented codes, maintenance reference manuals, etc.
An advanced university degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study or equivalent; or a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field of study plus a minimum of six years of relevant professional experience, is required.
In addition, strong knowledge and experiences are preferred in:
- Language Services solutions and technologies for translation and interpretation. These are the core qualifications for this position, including excellent Service Management and documentation skills.
- Development and implementation of Language Services Solutions: TMS-Translation Management Systems (Plunet or others), CAT-Computer Assisted Translation tools (SDL GroupShare, SDL Studio, SDL Multiterm, Termbase, Microsoft Translate, Plug-Ins, etc.), Simultaneous Interpretation in virtual/remote, hybrid and presential events (Interprefy, WebEx, Zoom, MS Teams, Integration with Audio Visual hard console-based interpretation, etc.).
- Library Management solutions and technologies (Alma/Primo, RefTracker, OpenAthens, Web Content Management, Adobe Experience Manager, Monitoring and Support tools related to Information Services sources, etc.).
- Learning Management solutions, technologies and integration to WorkDay Learning, Moodle, Intellibase, SCORM, Tin Can, etc.
- Microsoft ASP.NET, MVC/WebAPIs, SQL Server, PowerBI, SecDevOps, Client Development, Packaging, Deployment, Object-Oriented/Architectural Design Patterns.
- Service Management and use of ServiceNow, for management of Incidents, Service Requests, Problems, Enhancements, Tasks, etc.
- Design and delivery of Enterprise level Highly Available Extranet solutions. IT services ranging from Client and On Premises development and deployment, to Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform and Architecture development including Infrastructure and Security related services such as Azure AD B2B, IaaS, Containers, Storage, Networking and Azure Security. Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions and/or Architecting Microsoft Azure certifications.
- Deploy, setting up, and managing multiple environments to support agile development approaches. Knowledge of CI/CD tools and processes.
- Deep understanding of coding best practices and modern architectural patterns, including micro services and message-driven architectures.
- Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such including Azure AD B2B, Saviynt.
- PowerShell, Git, ARM templates and deployment automation.
- Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Microsoft Azure Platform as A Service (PaaS) products such as Azure SQL, AppServices, Logic Apps, Functions and other Serverless services.
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools, including Azure Monitor, App Insights and Log Analytics.
This is a one-year contractual appointment. Contractual appointments at the IMF are renewable for up to four years of cumulative contractual service, pending incumbent’s performance, budget availability, and continuous business need.
ITDAI FC Information Technology Department Immediate Office Finance & Corporate Products
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.