European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Associate, Service Operations is responsible for ensuring that Service Operations processes (Major Incident, Incident, Problem, Request, Event & Operations) and functions (Service Desk, Desk Side Support) are operated effectively and improvements recommended to the Principal, Service Operations.
The Associate, Service Operations will ensure a User First, Risk Management and Cyber First culture is embedded in the function.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- The prime responsibilities for this role are:
- Under the guidance of the Principal, Service Operations operate the Service Operations processes and functions effectively to meet the daily needs of the EBRD business and colleagues
- Supporting the Principal, Service Operations, reviews & improves the quality of service and performance of the Service Desk & Desk Side Support services
- Operates and improves User Experience through the delivery of a User First culture within the Service Operations processes and functions
- Operates and improves the performance and integration of Service Operations Processes, and for driving compliance and adherence amongst the Ecosystem (internal and outsourced resolvers)
- Operates and improves the technology and tooling that drives the best User Experience
- Recommends & implements improvements for reducing Incident length, impact and ultimately aiming to eradicate Incidents through operating and recommending improvements to the integrated Event Management, preventative tooling, reactive and proactive Problem Management services
- Recommends & implements improvements for reducing the time to provision Service Requests through the operation of self service, automation tooling
- Responsible for the Joiners, Movers and Leavers process execution at the Service Desk, and drive automation activity.
- Supporting the Principal, Service Operation, responsible for Major Incident Management, and where necessary act as Critical Major Incident Manager for high profile Incidents.
- Operates and improves the supplier execution of Problem Management and Knowledge Management processes to address known errors by reviewing the incident logs and following up on outstanding actions.
- Supporting the Principal, Service Operation, responsible for the co-ordination & delivery of Major Event planning such as power downs, patching weekends and major project implementations.
- Accountable for collating Service statistics & reporting to IT Leadership, Service Delivery & business.
- Ensures that daily weekly and monthly statistics and status reports are completed and continually modified to meet the department needs
- Support the management of the End User Computing Hardware Lifecycle and peripherals across all EBRD locations inc. stock management, insurance coordination, license & hardware purchases
- Manage the VIP experience on a day to day basis.
- Ensuring Risk Management and Cyber First are embedded in Service Operations culture.
- Act as a key face of IT to EBRD colleagues, building a solid relationship with critical and VIP users.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Degree educated or substantial relevant experience
- ITIL accredited 5+ years
- Good communications skills in a challenging environment
- Experience in Major Incident, Incident and Problem Management
- Understanding of tooling and technology to support Service Operations
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Experience of Continual Service Improvement
- Previous experience as a Team Lead and demonstrable experience in leading virtual teams
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Ability to manage conflict and negotiate successful outcomes
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal customers
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent experience in managing & influencing customer and suppliers alike
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.