European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Operations & Service Management
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Associate, PODD Banking is responsible for the design and implementation of procurement processes that generate cost and operationally effective contracts for the consultancy services required by the Banking Departments. The role interacts with Banking departments and as an active member of project teams consisting of other specialist functions to deliver best practice procurement.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The Associate, PODD Banking exercises his/her professional judgement seeking advice of senior members of Department and specialists in other teams where necessary. The Associate PODD Banking role is responsible for:
- Devising, planning and implementing a schedule of on-going and planned procurement projects that represent best practice procurement, respond to operational needs and comply with the Bank’s Policy, Directive and Procedures;
- Analyse and identify areas of expenditure where there are opportunities to maximise cost and operational efficiencies;
- Establishing effective and professional working relationships with internal stakeholders and where relevant participate in and provide advice to project teams established to manage specific procurement projects;
- Developing and preparing recommendations on procurement projects and contract awards to the Principal, Associate Director, PODD, Directors of User Departments and other key stakeholders;
- Direct commercial negotiations and communication with consultants;
- Contribute to the development of enhancements to PODD processes and strategies in support of the growth and continuous improvement of the PODD;
- Collate and review market data and make recommendations in relation to specific procurement projects.
- Train staff new members of PODD and mentor junior staff.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply qualified within the last 3 years (preferable).
- Procurement experience in at least one of the following categories:
– Consultancy and other Professional Services, IT Services, IT Hardware & IT Software and
– The global consultancy market for technical assistance, its key players on both the demand (MDB’s, bilateral aid agencies, governments etc.) and
supply side (consultancy associations etc.) and their issues and concerns.
- Knowledge and experience of designing and implementing best practice procurement. Ideally gained in a Consultancy Services firm (3-6 years’ experience) or an internal Procurement function organisation (5-12 years’ experience).
- Experience in analysis of procurement expenditure/contracts and implementation of best practice procurement;
- Experience in the collection and analysis of market data; and
- Experience in change management programmes and strong influencing skills.
- Good working knowledge of contract law;
- Excellent skills in organising, scheduling, planning and co-ordinating work with a high degree of initiative and judgement, reliability, resourcefulness and flexibility to perform a variety of tasks and set priorities;
- Numeric and Concern for Accuracy – proven numeric ability with the capacity to ensure a high degree of accuracy and quality in work delivered is essential;
- Results Orientation – self-motivated individual able to set goals and priorities with a good sense of time management and the ability to re-organise workload when faced with changing priorities;
- Communication Skills – ability to communicate confidently and assertively at all levels, both in written and verbal formats. Proven report writing and drafting skills as well as a pleasant and efficient telephone manner;
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.