UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
UNESCO Cluster Office New Delhi
Post Number : 4INEDPA054GI
Grade : NO-B
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: New Delhi
Job Family: Programme Coordination
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 26-SEP-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only nationals of India are eligible to apply for this position.
Duration of contract: 1 year with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) is UNESCO’s first education-related category 1 institute in the Asia and the Pacific region towards the development and promotion of new approaches to education for a more peaceful and sustainable world. The Institute is a globally recognized centre of excellence for research and implementation of socio-emotional learning (SEL) through innovative digital pedagogies
In keeping with its mandate to mainstream social and emotional learning in education systems, MGIEP continues to build new research evidence to support the mainstreaming of social and emotional learning in education systems. To inform and advance research in the field of social and emotional learning while learning, in the classroom and the metaverse, MGIEP seeks to recruit a technically competent and motivated researcher well versed with SEL to support the research and development team.
Under the overall authority of the Director of the Institute and direct supervision of the National Senior Project Officer, the incumbent will serve as the Associate National Project Officer (Research) and will serve as the primary resource for designing and developing research programs for SEL for learning and cultivation of SEL skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working within the framework of the Institute’s programmes and budget, the incumbent will contribute to the development, implementation, and reporting on MGIEP Strategy for delivering SDG 4.7: In collaboration with the National Senior Project Officer , the incumbent will carry out the following task and responsibilities:
- Review the latest SEL research
- Design research programs to strengthen the role of SEL in human flourishing with a focus on k-12 learners.
- In collaboration with a digital pedagogy expert, develop SEL programs and assessment of competencies on MGIEP’s digital interactive platform, Framerspace.
- Design cross-country pilot research studies to test the efficacy of different SEL programs and develop tools for policy implementation.
- Based on the results of the research study, propose phase 2 to expand a larger collection of SEL competencies to enable schools and member states to implement SEL assessments such that they align with the SEL framework of choice.
- Support institute-wide activities as they arise
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree) in education, psychology, neuroscience/ cognitive science, or other education-related sciences.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in socio-emotional curriculum skill development and training.
Skills and competencies
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities.
- Ability to work as part of a team within a multicultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent IT skills, in particular, MS Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English.
- Ph. D in education, psychology, neuroscience/cognitive science, or other education-related sciences.
- Professional experience within an international environment/United Nations Agency and Experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Working knowledge of other UNESCO Official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish, and Russian).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
The approximate Net Pensionable annual starting salary for this post is INR 2,464,143 subject to deduction of pension, insurance, etc.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.