European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Finance – Strategy, Planning & Control
Purpose of Job
A member of one of the Bank’s three accounting specialist teams who, between them, maintain the financial records for both the Bank and the Donor Funds administrated by the Bank. In this role the Associate correctly applies the relevant accounting rules and provides meaningful and appropriate financial reporting.
Acconutnabilities and Responsibilities
- Prepares sections of the year-end financial statements with all required disclosures and notes accurately and to a tight deadline
- Prepare periodic internal financial management reporting.
- Assesses the impact of the latest IFRS accounting standards on EBRD/Donor Funds’ financial statements to ensure compliance
- Ensures the accounting policies of the Bank/Donor Funds are up-to-date and consistent with IFRS
- Undertakes investigations and inspections of data in accordance with established procedure to identify and quantify potential accounting postings required
- Maintains the accounting and reporting systems, files and other records required for the Bank and Donor Funds to ensure accurate and timely information
- Reviews transactions booked in front office systems and posted to the accounting systems for accuracy and appropriateness
- Liaising with Operations and front office teams to resolve booking issues
- Identifies solutions to non-standard tasks/queries
- Provides advice to internal clients relating to relevant financial products or transactions
- Contributes to the development of procedures to ensure the accounting department best responds to the needs of the Bank/Donors
- Review and sign off of team members’ journals to ensure accuracy
- Supervises and trains new team members and year end temporary staff to create a team that is capable of meeting its objectives
- Produces work in compliance with the Bank’s Internal Controls Framework
- Liaises with internal and external auditors and responds to queries
- Other ad hoc tasks as allocated by line manager
Knowledge, Skill, Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- ACA qualified or equivalent
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Significant relevant accounting experience, preferably in a Financial Services setting
- Statutory financial accounts preparation and/or audit experience on financial accounts
- Strong numerical and financial skills with the ability to interpret financial information
- Fully competent in own practise area
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel
- Experience with SAP or equivalent accounting system preferable
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.