IDB2663 – Associate, FI Financing (Nigeria -ICD)
Business Unit: ICD – Islamic Corporation for Development
Division: FI Financing and Guarantees ICD
Department: Global Markets Equity
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Nigeria – Abuja
Closing date: 14-Sep-2021
Improve and strengthen the Small and Medium Enterprise’s (SME) access to financing in member countries through structuring financial agreements & lending programs with partner FIs in accordance with ICD’s risk-reward principles and business targets.
Key Functional Accountabilities and Activities:
Developing Financial Channels:
- Identify/analyze opportunities of Line of Financing & Guarantees (particularly, Risk Sharing Facilities (RSF)) with development impact across ICD member countries in compliance with the identified channels and regional targets
- Expand ICD’s reach to markets by providing LOF and/or RFS to the FIs.
- Develop and enhance credit financing products/services to Financial Institutions.
Project Sourcing & Origination:
- Maintain relationships with member country governments, sovereign entities, regulatory bodies and other private stakeholders in order to develop client origination and sourcing strategy as they relate to FIs.
- Identify potential credit financing transactions to Financial Institutions, working closely with Regional Offices throughout the process
- Evaluate and assess potential projects’ feasibility, taking into consideration experience the learning from previous projects as applicable
- Prepare and present the project concept notes to the investment committee (IC) for in-principle approvals for due diligence.
- Negotiate and execute mandate letters with the clients
- Support the Infrastructure & Corporate Finance team in infrastructure/corporate projects for Partial Financing Guarantees (PFG) as and when required and mainly in relation to the product technicalities, structure, terms & conditions, documentation etc.
Project Appraisal & Approval:
- Initiate and ensure all project origination steps are in place to enable proper evaluation, including documentation, due diligence, risks and opportunities, taking into consideration the client’s ability and willingness to comply with ICD’s standards and practices
- Participate in the negotiations with the client and conduct relevant activities, including but not limited to project timeline and disbursement cycles & criteria, working alongside Regional offices where and when applicable
- Draft and/or present the credit financing proposals to the investment committee (IC), ensuring proper coordination with and review from ICD’s risk, legal and shariaa functions and obtain necessary approval as applicable
- Process and track disbursement, upon legal documentation, as per project structure and ensure all necessary steps are taken to handover the project to the Portfolio Management team
- Work with and support the Portfolio Management team post-project handover to maintain portfolio quality
- As for PFG for infrastructure or corporate clients, support the Infrastructure & Corporate Finance team in providing adequate due diligence support, technical inputs etc. as they relate to the product.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders in order to continue to grow ICD operations in the Financial Institutions of target countries
- Maintain relationships with clients during the project lifecycle to ensure that project objectives have been met and support Portfolio Management team in managing customer relationship post-project handover
Qualifications/ Professional Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in Front Office in the financial institutions or equivalent department of reputable bank(s)/non-banking FI(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, or any relevant discipline is a must.
- A certificate in CFA, CMA, CPA or any other additional relevant professional certificate is a must.
- Ability to deal with clients at senior-levels.
- Thorough understanding of the financial sector and relevant risks.
- Ability to work with various stakeholders.
- Office ISDB in Abuja, Nigeria