UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
UNFPA in Managua, Nicaragua
Job Identification : 5522
Locations : Managua, Nicaragua
Posting Date : 09/19/2022, 11:16 PM
Apply Before : 09/30/2022, 11:16 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : G6
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Rotational/Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 1 Year
Education and Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 3 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 6 year(s) experience
Required Languages : Fluency in English and Spanish is Required
Vacancy Timeline : 2 Weeks
Job Category : Administration/Operations/Support
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
As the key administrative support to the Country Representative, you will be responsible for maintaining full confidentiality, upholding protocol, managing information flow and following up on deadlines and commitments. You will also facilitate knowledge building and management; provide logistical support; support communications; and coordinate secretarial services.
You would be responsible for:
- Ensuring optimal communication flows between the Representative and the staff of the CO, as well as external counterparts. In consultation with other CO personnel, responding to requests for information, in a timely, discrete manner.
- Logs and routes incoming documents from the Representative to the CO Staff for action; Reviews and ensures conformity to UNPA´s guidelines and procedures of all out going correspondences and submits to Representative´s signature.
- Preparing documentation and presentations, including correspondence, briefs and reports, and researching and collating material to meet the Representative’s needs for official trips and meetings.
- Responsible for protocol matters. Manages the Representative´s calendar and schedule of appointments and meetings. Receives high-ranking visitors/officials. Takes minutes and or notes as required, and answers and screens calls with tact and discretion.
- Undertaking logistical administrative and financial arrangements in consultation with the Operations Manager/ Operations Specialist, for meetings and workshops organized by the Representative’s Office.
- Coordinating the secretarial services of the CO, including briefing and training new secretaries, guiding other secretaries on office procedures, and distributing special administrative assignments.
- Managing the Representative’s calendar and schedule of appointments; receiving high-ranking visitors/officials; and taking minutes as required.
- Managing all aspects of the Representative’s travel arrangements, including maintaining appropriate files and reports and monitoring the budget of the Representative’s Office;
- Assisting in the preparation and finalization of the CO Office Management Plan, including the preparation of information translations, and acting as interpreter if required.
- Assist, support and be part of the backup system implemented by the office
- Perform other duties, if required by the Representative/Country Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant experience in administration.
- Some experience in research assistance.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT financial systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline (link)
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.