International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
ISO Central Secretariat Geneva
We are ISO, the largest developer of International Standards. We bring together experts, to share knowledge and develop standards that provide solutions to global challenges. This is because we believe that great things happen when the world agrees. We have an exciting opportunity at our Central Secretariat in Geneva.
ISO is committed to be an equal opportunity employer and to creating a culture and environment where each employee is an active contributor to our collective success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin and culture, disability, or age.
Assistant (100%) – Temporary contract from November 2022 to June 2023
The role of the Assistant is to provide support to our Governance team (50%) and to our Director, Standardization and Technical Policy (50%).
- Provide administrative support to the Governance team and to the Director, Standardization and Technical Policy, which includes:o Managing the e-mail accounts.o Handle correspondence.o Organize and maintain files (e-file and hardcopy), records and archives.o Formatting and finalizing documents and PPT presentations for publication.o Updating governance related lists (e.g. dates, contacts, meetings).
- Providing logistical and administrative support for meetings.
- Drafting and proofreading documents in English and French as required
- Performing other duties related to the position as required, including backing up the other Governance team assistant (also working at 50%).
Report to: Director, Governance and Director, Standardization and Technical Policy
Qualification and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience as an administrative assistant, ideally in a multicultural environment and in a not-for-profit organization.
- Previous experience in dealing with sensitive and confidential documents.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- CFC (or equivalent) is required, university degree is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of English and French languages (C2 level minimum), ideally mother tongue in one (or both) languages.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Zoom is an asset.
- Highly motivated, reliable, pragmatic and flexible
- Fast learner, proactive and autonomous
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness. Recognizes sensitive issues for people or projects.
- Comfortable working in an international working environment.
- Can work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
Starting date: 15 November 2022