European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Banking Countries of Operations
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Assistant will provide secretarial, clerical and administrative support for up to 10 bankers including travel planning and expenses, diary and internal meetings. The Assistant deals with general enquiries, answers phone calls and greets visitors as they arrive at the office. The Assistant is temporarily based in Warsaw (at least until August 2023 or when situation allows) with relocation back to Kyiv to the place of permanent contract location.
The Assistant provides comprehensive high quality secretarial support to staff from various teams represented in RO.
Working in coordination with the rest of the Staff the Assistant ensures a smooth operation of the office and reports to the Principal Administration Manager.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Manage the diaries of the Bankers if required to assist with the smooth running of the office and key stakeholder’s schedules.
- Proof read and draft routine business correspondence for Banker’s signature, editing, photocopying, scanning and binding documents;
- Organising conference calls, video conferences, external and internal meetings;
- Travel arrangements for various business trips , including visas arrangements and preparation of ECFs and following up reimbursement process
- Providing administrative support in project preparation/ due diligence/ monitoring: updating projects databases and filing project documents, preparation of contract request forms, communication with TC team
- Maintaining the filing system
- updating DTM entries as per the OPSCOM minutes and memo;
- OpsCom preparation: video-link organising.
- Assist in the organisation of workshops and seminars, preparing presentations for internal and external meetings;
- Working with visiting missions in the related areas
- Deal with reception-related tasks together with other admin.staff
- Provide secretarial cover during absences and provide handover notes to ensure a smooth transition.
- Ad-hoc other secretarial and administrative duties when required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Higher education
- Fluent English, Ukrainian and Russian, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Polish language would be an advantage
- Secretarial and administrative experience essential
- Good organisational skills, proactive and flexible attitude to work essential.
- Ability to prioritise own work and to work on own initiative.
- Good communications skills, including pleasant and efficient telephone manner
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues in a multicultural environment
- Conscientious, reliable and flexible with a professional and helpful attitude.
- Strong team player, with the ability to work highly efficiently and cheerfully and to handle simultaneous assignments involving a wide range of bank-wide contacts.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required, sometimes at short notice.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining calm and professional and a capacity for hard work.
- Excellent interpersonal manner, including tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to exercise judgment on and deal discretely with confidential/sensitive information and data.
- Ability to take on responsibility.
- Excellent time-keeper.
Computer literate: Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.