European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Operations & Service Management
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing and settlement of EBRD’s Banking products in the global markets. The Assistant Analyst provides support to the Manager to ensure that Banking local market standards and practices are followed.
Operations Banking is responsible for the management of all Banking transactions from inception to maturity across all global markets. This requires accurate capture in the Bank’s Treasury and Accounting systems, which in turn feed data to the Bank’s Banking and Risk systems, thereby enabling the measurement of client/counterparty risk and the application of limits and controls as appropriate.
The role interacts with a wide cross section of both internal departments and external organisations to ensure the Bank’s transactions are processed and settled in an accurate and timely manner, across multiple markets and several time zones without exposing the Bank to unnecessary operational or reputational risk.
The Assistant Analyst should have broader experience across the main tasks performed by the team, equipping the role holder to assist other team members in completing day to day business requirements and should include experience of Trade Finance products.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Processing of transactions as directed
- Monitors internal accounting ledgers to identify and clear breaks as required.
- Prepares advices to internal and external clients.
- Input of data into the Bank’s accounting and funding systems as directed.
- Preparation of adhoc internal reports and reconciliations as directed.
- Preparing swift payments and sending funding instructions to Treasury
- Undertakes investigations and inspections of data, processes and practice in accordance with established procedure to identify potential or actual compliance issues and raises issues identified with PM
- Provides advisory services to internal clients relating to own practice area, by being focal point of contact, to ensure there is no misalignment between policy and practice
- Contributes to the development of procedures within own area of specialism to ensure the function best responds to the Bank’s needs.
- Updates procedures to reflect changes to policies and in current practice.
- Responsibility for the checking and authorisation of other team members’ work to ensure accuracy in processing/settlement of Bank’s transactions.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Additional relevant languages would be beneficial
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel
- Experience with Summit, SAP and SWIFT systems
- Experience in a relevant Operations department
- Knowledge of Legal documentation
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of the Bank and its functions
- Ability to record high volumes of Trade Finance transactions
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.