European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Office of the Chief Economist
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Analyst Economics in the OCE reports to the Director of Research. He/she contributes to the preparation of specific products and processes under the supervision of the Senior Analyst Economics and economists, such as the annual Transition Report, working papers, and special OCE publications. He or she may also provide assistance with the implementation and data analysis related to large-scale surveys (such as BEEPS and LiTS) and randomized impact assessments.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide statistical and programming assistance related to working papers and/or one or more of the key surveys of OCE;
- Assist with the design and implementation of randomised impact studies under the guidance and supervision of Research Pillar economist(s);
- Contribute to the generation of key products of the pillar, for example chapters in the Transition Report or working papers;
- Performing ad hoc assignments, including literature reviews on specific topics, statistical analysis, and fielding data requests and inquires for the BEEPS, BEPS, and LiTS surveys.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in economics or a related field;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including a strong knowledge of Stata;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Experience in managing large micro-level datasets is an advantage;
- Knowledge of or/and experience with randomised impact studies is an advantage;
- Knowledge of one or more languages of the region is an advantage.
- Previous experience working with large, untidy data sets
- Text analysis and natural language processing
- Experience with one or more of the following is a huge plus: R, Python, ArcGIS
- Experience in data analysis: estimation methods, time series analysis, machine learning techniques, and visualisation.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.