European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
To ensure on-going integrity of the Bank wide equity data and to provide a common platform of consistent information, analysis and reporting across the Bank on all matters related to the Bank’s equity portfolio. This role is the liaison point for Banking and Finance for all matters relating to equity portfolio management.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Participate in the Bank’s direct equity fair value approval process, and consolidate and review equity funds portfolio valuations including:
(i) ensuring conformity with the valuation guidelines; (ii) checking for numerical accuracy and correctness of valuation methodology ensuring that the data used is accurate and reliable; (iii) carrying out analysis on a portfolio basis to ensure a consistent approach; (iv) tracking and reporting on the process to ensure timely approvals and delivery to other departments; and (v) capturing valuations and maintaining history of valuations
- Assume responsibility for assigned Banking sector team, monitor the portfolio and work with the relevant Value Creation Leaders, Equity Lead and Operation Leaders and perform daily operational tasks, i.e. reviewing documentation for new equity investments, advising on transaction codes and booking procedures for divestments, equity fund capital calls and distributions, authorisation of carried interest payments and providing advice on other equity related issues (e.g. Shareholder Meeting voting and Nominee Director policy)
- Ensure that all legal arrangements (such as unconditional equity put and call options) are recorded correctly as per legal documentation and communicate this information to other departments
- Collect analytical and static data, including proactive verification to endure consistency and data maintenance
- Periodic and ad-hoc reporting for management and other stakeholders, data analysis and preparation for larger management reporting as required
- Testing of system upgrades, enhancements/fixes, including defining and running user acceptance testing in co-operation with IT
- Provide external auditors with relevant documentation and assist them with any other queries they might have.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- University degree in finance, economics, business or related subject from a leading university in the country of education or several years of relevant banking/portfolio experience
- Professional Qualifications such as ACA, CFA, CPA etc. would be advantageous
- Quantitative/ numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and understand and review financial models
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spreadsheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules
- Good understanding of relevant systems and processes
- Good written and oral communications skills in English
- Previous experience in banking and general understanding of equity investments
- Motivation, attention to detail, common sense, outstanding time management skills, ability to work both individually and as part of a team
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.