European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Policy and Partnerships
Posting End Date
Purspose of Job
The Analyst is responsible for supporting the preparation of EBRD country strategies and the assessment of country strategy implementation through Country Strategy Delivery Reviews, collecting and managing inputs from relevant teams, including Banking, the Political Counsellors, and Country Economists, as well as other sources as required. The Analyst is responsible for maintanance of the team databases, together with other Analysts and Associates.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Support the senior members of the team in orchestrating country strategy and country strategy delivery reviews. This includes research, analysis and drafting, as well as preparing detailed accounts of all relevant discussions.
- Keeping close tabs on the progress against the milestones of the preparation and approval processes, ensuring adherence to the pre-agreed detailed timeline/work plan
- Nurture and maintain strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders within the Bank to obtain high quality timely input for the above activities
- Prepare ad hoc presentations for Senior Management and the Board on country strategy issues
- Support the Deputy Director in the review of strategy & policy related documents during the SPCom submission process, including preparation of supporting documents and minutes for SP Com meetings
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in economics or business administration. Master’s degree a strong plus.
- Demonstrable professional experience, ideally in an IFI or working with IFIs. Expertise in one of the key Bank’s strategic themes (Inclusion, Digitalisation, Green Economy) desirable.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the Bank’s products and services
- Good grasp of the political and economic environment in the Transition Region
- Good strategic thinking and planning skills for an organisation that is primarily private sector investment focused
- Very good analytical and synthesizing skills, as well as the ability to understand and contribute to the political and economic analysis of the Bank’s operational environment in its countries of operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Accuracy and timeliness in delivering high amount of work particularly for the regular internal reports
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver timely, high quality output
- Very good interpersonal communication skills to facilitate cross-departmental discussion
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Power Point and Excel. Knowledge of Tableau, R and other data analysis software a strong plus.
- Good organisational skills.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.