International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA)
ICARDA in Rabat
Main purpose of position
ICARDA is looking for a consultant to undertake an impact assessment within the project on “Conservation of pollinator diversity for enhanced climate change resilience” within the Biodiversity and Integrated Gene Management Program. The impact assessment will be conducted in Morocco.
Reports to: Principal Project Economist and FAP Coordinator
Location: Rabat, Morocco
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is a treaty-based international non-profit research organization supported by CGIAR.
ICARDA’s mission is to reduce poverty, enhance food, water, and nutritional security, as well as environmental health in the face of global challenges including climate change. We do this through innovative science, strategic partnerships, linking research to development and capacity development that take into account gender equality and the role of youth in transforming the dry areas. ICARDA works in partnership with governments, universities, civil society, national agricultural research organization, other CGIAR Research Centers, and the private sector. With its temporary Headquarters in Beirut, Lebanon, ICARDA operates in regional and country offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. For more information: (link)
All CGIAR Centers are currently engaged into a reform process (“One CGIAR’”) that will help ICARDA and CGIAR achieve better impact through more strategically integrated research, unified governance, an integrated structure and new research modalities across participating Research Centers. This transformation is supported by CGIAR donors who have committed to increased funding as a result of these reforms.
- Under the supervision of the Principal Project Economist, the consultant will plan and execute surveys focusing on indicators of the International Climate Initiative (IKI )project (adoption of Farming with Alternative Pollinators, knowledge of pupils on pollinators etc.) “Conservation of pollinator diversity for enhanced climate change resilience” in Morocco.
- Enter survey data into excel files, perform data cleaning and managing data to ensure that data are ready for analysis.
- Translate any Arabic or French content responses in the survey into English.
- Perform other relevant activities required by the Project Coordinator and the Lead Economist.
Education, qualifications, and experience
- University degree (BSC) in social sciences (Economics, sociology, anthropology, rural development, or related fields).
- Experience in farm surveys and survey data management.
- Good knowledge on spreadsheet (excel) application.
- Working knowledge in English language
- Moroccan motor vehicle driving license
- Readiness to travel within Morocco as per work needs.
Terms of appointment
This is a short-term consultancy vacancy; the activities should be fulfilled within 3 months, max. 5 months. Payment will be done after finalizing each of the different tasks. Travel costs will be paid by lumpsum advances, which will be settled against invoices.
ICARDA is committed to increasing women representation in its workforce and strongly encourages applications from women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.