UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund in
Job Identification : 6715
Locations : Papua New Guinea
Posting Date : 11/09/2022, 01:03 AM
Apply Before : 11/23/2022, 10:02 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : G5
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Rotational/Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 1 Year
Education and Work Experience : High School certificate
Required Languages : English
Vacancy Timeline : 2 Weeks
Job Category : Administration/Operations/Support
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support services to the country office staff and counterparts ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
You will work in close collaboration with members of the operations unit to provide organizational functions of the office in terms of: providing effective communications support to the office; ensure facilitation of knowledge building and management and logistical support.
You will report directly to the International Operations Manager.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for reproductive health and rights and delivers a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need principled and ethical staff, who embody human rights norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You will be responsible for delivering quality administrative and logistical support services to the Country Office staff, mastering all relevant administrative rules, guidelines and processes, and applying established systems and procedures. You will be expected to demonstrate strong client and results orientation in service of the country programme.
You would be responsible for:
- Administrative Support
Ensure optimal communication flows within the country office and the IOM and other Units including the Regional Office where appropriate as well as external counterparts, through effective use of written, verbal and electronic communication;
- Arrange appointments for staff, receive visitors, receive telephone calls, take and deliver promptly telephone messages, answer queries with tact and discretion ad provide administrative support for visiting missions and consultants
- Maintain and update meeting schedules, prepare necessary background information for meetings and respond to routine requests for information.
- Receive, sort, log and distribute correspondence, publications and other relevant materials to concerned staff, attaching the necessary background information and maintain follow-up system, maintain a complete updated mailing list of names, addresses and telephone numbers, and respond to routine letters.
- Maintain up to date paper-based filing and electronic filing system within the respective area of Operations work and assist in archiving and maintaining up-to-date electronic data file including supporting the management and updating of files iDocs.
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, meetings including making reservations for meeting venues, arranging for recreational services, and compiling, and distribution of the necessary documents/materials.
- Contribute to the smooth running of the office by ensuring clear understanding on the use of office machines, for transmitting correspondence and efficient provision of maintenance of services and supplies, maintain up-to-date office supplies inventory and records.
- Participate in the organization and preparation of staff meetings or special meetings and take minutes and/or notes.
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery
- Back stops the Personal Assistant by managing the Representative’s office in his absence.
- Logistical support
- Undertake logistical functions and arrangements, as per the office needs and in frequent consultation with the IOM
- Makes all travel arrangements for staff: international and local travel ensuring compliance and conformity with the Travel policy requirements, maintain updated Travel Database on regular basis for monitoring purposes.
- Focal point for processing all air/road ticketing and payments for DSA entitlements for official missions in accordance with the approved Travel Authorization and other travel documents including invitation/information note.
- Provide support to review and process payment requests, raise Requisitions in Atlas and initiate payment procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and time-effective manner
- Manage the transportation function, in coordination with drivers’ focal point organize the fleet, monitor the vehicles movement by checking the vehicle log books and ensure maintenance of vehicles and reconciliation of vehicle history record sheets.
- Support the management of petty cash within office and ensures transparent, accountable and correct transaction as well as provide accurate reconciliation and reporting records.
Perform any other duties, as may be required by the IOM.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum High School Education, a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is an asset
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in experience in Admin, thorough knowledge of modern office procedures or general office management is required.
- Experience with UN Agencies is an asset
- Excellent minute-taking and writing skills;
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Providing logistical support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and work flow
- Planning, organizing and multitasking
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline (link)