Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
Administrative Assistant / Officer (initially 50%)
Office location: Basel
Unit: Service: Employment – Duration: 3 years
Contract type: Fixed-term
Application Deadline: 12/07/2022
The Bank for International Settlements is an international organisation promoting global monetary and financial stability, and a bank for central banks. At the BIS, colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds bring different knowledge and expertise to the team. This creates a stimulating working environment with opportunities for collaborating and developing innovative solutions to business challenges. Joining us is not just about launching your international career – it is also about doing meaningful work for the public good and serving the global community.
By joining the Monetary and Economics Department:
- You will become part of an international Administration team of 10 and have the opportunity to collaborate internally across the department as well as externally within the central banking community
- Enhance your global perspective on macroeconomic and financial matters in a stimulating working environment at the “Bank for Central Banks” and contribute to the Bank’s mission by supporting the department focused on global policy and research
- You will be encouraged to bring fresh ideas to the team while also learning from highly experienced colleagues
Purpose of the role:
We are looking for a technically versatile, reliable Administrative Assistant / Officer to join an international team in the Monetary and Economic Department. The vacant position is initially on a 50%-basis, but we welcome applications from candidates that could adjust their working time up to 100%. The position is in the BIS’ policy and research department, which is responsible for a wide range of administrative services for almost 200 staff members. The accountabilities of the team include: staff and budget administration; publication services; support of the various operational processes of the department, including internal and external collaboration (such as collaboration among central bank stakeholders); senior management support; support in the organisation of internal and external meetings and other administrative tasks.
- Support of operations (collaboration with central banks, publications and statistical releases)
- Coordination of internal and external meetings (both physical and virtual)
- General administrative tasks
Qualification, skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience, preferably with a focus on technical (business analyst type / project management) tasks and meeting organisation
- Experience with collaborative platforms (SharePoint) and virtual collaboration tools (WebEx) desirable
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (particularly Word and Excel)
- Advanced business English, both written and oral
- Team player and ability to cope with pressure
Who we are:
The Bank for International Settlements is a diverse and inclusive organisation with colleagues from over 60 countries. By joining us in the international city of Basel, you will work in a unique, highly rewarding and international work environment. We truly value diversity and inclusion and want to reflect the world we serve. We want the best people to work for us in an inclusive environment so welcome applications from all qualified candidates. At the BIS, we value equality and diversity in all its forms and one way we support diversity and inclusion is through our staff-run networks. You can discover more about diversity and inclusion at the BIS here.
What the BIS offers:
In return, we offer a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive set of expat and relocation benefits and allowances. In addition, thanks to our status as an international organization, we can hire globally and welcome applications from candidates of all nationalities and located anywhere in the world.