European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Banking Countries of Operations
Purpose of Job
The Assistant provides administrative support to RO staff and visiting EBRD colleagues, including travel arrangements as well as secretarial assistance for OGC lawyers located in Tashkent and social media coverage support to Tashkent RO managers for of key EBRD operational / policy activities.
The Assistant provides comprehensive high quality secretarial support to OGC lawyers located to Tashkent RO and also works in cooperation with service providers (travel agencies, courier companies, etc.) and helps with meetings and event arrangements for various teams represented in RO including providing social media coverage support to Tashkent RO managers for of key EBRD operational / policy activities.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Screen telephone calls, taking messages and passing them on as appropriate, providing a professional front of house service.
- Distributions of mail, sending out fax messages ensuring the correct correspondence gets to the correct EBRD staff member.
- Manage the diaries of the Bankers if required to assist with the smooth running of the office and key stakeholder’s schedules.
- Proof read and draft routine business correspondence for Banker’s signature, editing, photocopying, scanning and binding documents;
- Organising conference calls, video conferences, external and internal meetings;
- Providing social media coverage support to Tashkent RO managers for of key EBRD operational / policy activities
- Travel arrangements for various business trips, including visas arrangements and preparation of ECFs and following up reimbursement process
- Providing administrative support in project preparation/ due diligence/ monitoring: updating projects databases and filing project documents, preparation of contract request forms, communication with TC team
- Maintaining the filing system to ensure instant retrieval of up-to-date information (Project link)
- updating DTM entries as per the OPSCOM minutes and memo;
- OpsCom preparation: video-link organising.
- Assist in the organisation of workshops and seminars, preparing presentations for internal and external meetings;
- Working with visiting missions in the related areas
- To replace receptionist in her absence
- Ad-hoc other secretarial and administrative duties when required.
- Depending on RO to assist two-three lawyers and deal with OGC related issues particularly processing of POAs related to the project; processing of legal documentation, safekeeping; completion of OGC formsTranslation of short documents (max. 1,5-2 pages)
- Depending on RO working with petty cash payments can be required
- Depending on RO may be assigned to coordinate in visa/registration issues, liaise with the MFA
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Higher education
- Fluent English, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent Russian and/or Uzbek with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Secretarial and administrative experience essential
- Good organisational skills, proactive and flexible attitude to work essential.
- Ability to prioritise own work and to work on own initiative.
- Good communications skills, including pleasant and efficient telephone manner
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues in a multicultural environment
- Conscientious, reliable and flexible with a professional and helpful attitude.
- Strong team player, with the ability to work highly efficiently and cheerfully and to handle simultaneous assignments involving a wide range of bank-wide contacts.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required, sometimes at short notice.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining calm and professional and a capacity for hard work.
- Excellent interpersonal manner, including tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to exercise judgment on and deal discretely with confidential/sensitive information and data.
- Ability to take on responsibility.
- Excellent time-keeper
- Experience in social media postings in a professional context and/or willingness to learn will be an advantage.
- Computer literate: Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.