WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaus (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of Unit, Chief, Administration Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
The Admin Assistant (construction) should have prior experience mainly as an assistant site engineer with a focus on the design, co-ordination and construction/maintenance of civil works and infrastructure. The Admin Assistant (construction) shall participate in technical or design review of the engineering solutions for WFP Premises enhancement & renovation; and to facilitate the implementation. The Admin Assistant (construction) shall be the focal point on the ground for periodical maintenance of all office and work environments in the WFP buildings and premises.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (Part One)
- Act as the project focal point in the Field Office between stakeholders including contractors/suppliers/direct labour, WFP Administration Officer and WFP Engineering Unit at WFP Country Office in coordination with various internal units including but not limited to security and procurement.
- Assist in preparing technical and cost benefit appraisals, evaluations, scope of works, specifications, pricing documentation, as well as follow up and maintain project quality assurance procedures and any other relevant reports as may be required.
- Assist in coordinating all project elements including design, planning, material approval in consultation with WFP Engineering Unit at Country Office, construction and renovation supervision, project budgets, track cash flows/invoices, handover/close out as well as ensure that construction activities or work programmes take account of and adhere to local regulations and legislation.
- Liaise directly with the Administration unit and WFP Engineering, via structured meetings or other means with regards to any arising or on-going technical, financial and contractual matters at the project sites.
- Provide regular updates and reports on progress and draft correspondences to respond to enquiries in relevant matters. Maintain a proper filing and database on bills of quantities including other expenses under areas of responsibility.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Architectural Engineering in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Working knowledge oral and written in English language. Arabic language is desirable and considered an asset.
Experience: Minimum four years of relevant experience in this filed include two years of experience at UN Agencies or INGOs. The Admin Assistant (construction) assigned to this position will require prior experience in construction and site supervision, including knowledge and experience of structural design and understanding of managing construction and maintenance of premises
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work.
- Basic skills in the following technical programmes and drawing tools is desirable for the applying candidates: AUTO CAD 2D / 3D, CIVIL3D, Microsoft Visio, Photoshop, 3D MAX -V-RAY, GIS.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Business Support Services & Reporting
Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.
Internal Controls & Risk Management
Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client’s critical activities.
Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services
Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.
Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
NOTE: Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-years period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
15th September 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
Ù„Ø§ ÙŠÙ‚ÙˆÙ… Ø¨Ø±Ù†Ø§Ù…Ø¬ Ø§Ù„Ø£ØºØ°ÙŠØ© Ø§Ù„Ø¹Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙŠ Ø¨Ø§Ù„Ø§Ø³ØªØ¹Ø§Ù†Ø© Ø§Ø¨Ø¯Ø§Ù‹ Ø¨Ø£Ø´Ø®Ø§Øµ Ø§Ùˆ Ø¨ÙˆÙƒØ§Ù„Ø§Øª Ø®Ø§Ø±Ø¬ÙŠØ© ÙÙŠ Ø§Ù„ØªÙˆØ¸ÙŠÙØŒ Ø¹Ù„Ù…Ø§Ù‹ Ø¨Ø§Ù† Ø¹Ù…Ù„ÙŠØ© Ø§Ù„ØªÙˆØ¸ÙŠÙ Ø¯Ø§Ø¦Ù…Ø§Ù‹ Ù…Ø¬Ø§Ù†ÙŠØ©. ÙŠØ¨ØØ« Ø¨Ø±Ù†Ø§Ù…Ø¬ Ø§Ù„Ø£ØºØ°ÙŠØ© Ø§Ù„Ø¹Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙŠ Ø¹Ù† Ù…Ø±Ø´ØÙŠÙ† Ù…Ù† Ø£Ø¹Ù„Ù‰ Ø¯Ø±Ø¬Ø§Øª Ø§Ù„Ù†Ø²Ø§Ù‡Ø© ÙˆØ§Ù„ÙƒÙØ§Ø¡Ø© Ø§Ù„Ù…Ù‡Ù†ÙŠØ© ÙˆØ§Ù„Ø°ÙŠÙ† ÙŠØªÙ‚Ø§Ø³Ù…ÙˆÙ† Ù…Ø¨Ø§Ø¯Ø¦Ù†Ø§ Ø§Ù„Ø¥Ù†Ø³Ø§Ù†ÙŠØ©.
ÙŠØªÙ… Ø§Ø®ØªÙŠØ§Ø± Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙˆØ¸ÙÙŠÙ† Ø¹Ù„Ù‰ Ø£Ø³Ø§Ø³ ØªÙ†Ø§ÙØ³ÙŠ ÙˆÙ†ØÙ† Ù…Ù„ØªØ²Ù…ÙˆÙ† Ø¨ØªØ¹Ø²ÙŠØ² Ø§Ù„ØªÙ†ÙˆØ¹ ÙˆØ§Ù„ØªÙˆØ§Ø²Ù† Ø¨ÙŠÙ† Ø§Ù„Ø¬Ù†Ø³ÙŠÙ†. Ø³ÙŠØªÙ… Ø§Ù„Ù†Ø¸Ø± ÙÙ‚Ø· Ù„Ù„Ù…ØªÙ‚Ø¯Ù…ÙŠÙ† Ø§Ù„Ø°ÙŠÙ† ØªÙÙŠ Ù…Ù„ÙØ§ØªÙ‡Ù… Ø§Ù„Ø´Ø®ØµÙŠØ© Ø¨Ù…ØªØ·Ù„Ø¨Ø§Øª Ø§Ù„ÙˆØ¸ÙŠÙØ© Ø§Ù„Ù…Ø¹Ù„Ù† Ø¹Ù†Ù‡Ø§ØŒ ÙˆÙÙ‚Ø· Ø®Ù„Ø§Ù„ Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙˆØ¹Ø¯ Ø§Ù„Ù†Ù‡Ø§Ø¦ÙŠ Ø§Ù„Ù…Ø¹Ù„Ù†.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service
- Office WFP in Ibb